Cities and Growth: The Left Brain of North American Cities: Scientists and Engineers and Urban Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser, Jed Kolko, and Albert Saiz, 2001.
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 27-50, January.
- Ed Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," NBER Working Papers 7790, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jed Kolko & Albert Saiz, 2000. "Consumer City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1901, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2006.
"Smart Cities: Quality of Life, Productivity, and the Growth Effects of Human Capital,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(2), pages 324-335, May.
- Jesse M. Shapiro, 2005. "Smart Cities: Quality of Life, Productivity, and the Growth Effects of Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 11615, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-95-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward L. Glaeser & Albert Saiz, 2003.
"The rise of the skilled city,"
04-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Albert Saiz, 2003. "The Rise of the Skilled City," NBER Working Papers 10191, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Albert Saiz, 2003. "The Rise of the Skilled City," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2025, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- John M. Quigley, 1998. "Urban Diversity and Economic Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 127-138, Spring.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Scheinkman, JoseA. & Shleifer, Andrei, 1995.
"Economic growth in a cross-section of cities,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 117-143, August.
- Glaeser, E.L. & Scheinkman, J.A., 1993. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1645, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman & Andrei Shleifer, 1995. "Economic Growth in a Cross-Section of Cities," NBER Working Papers 5013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beckstead, Desmond & Brown, W. Mark, 2006. "Innovation Capabilities: Comparing Science and Engineering Employment in Canadian and U.S. Cities," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2006012e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristina Vaarst Andersen & Høgni Kalsø Hansen & Arne Isaksen & Mika Raunio, 2010. "Nordic City Regions in the Creative Class Debate—Putting the Creative Class Thesis to a Test," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 215-240.
- Allen J. Scott, 2010. "Space-Time Variations of Human Capital Assets Across U.S. Metropolitan Areas, 1980 to 2000," Economic Geography, Clark University, vol. 86(3), pages 233-250, July.
- Olfert, R. & Berdegué, J. & Escobal, J. & Jara, B. & Modrego, F., 2011. "Places for Place-Based Policies," Working papers 079, Rimisp Latin American Center for Rural Development.
- Margaret Olfert & Mark Partridge, 2011. "Creating the Cultural Community: Ethnic Diversity vs. Agglomeration," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 25-55.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2015.
"When Spatial Equilibrium Fails: Is Place-Based Policy Second Best?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(8), pages 1303-1325, August.
- Mark D. Partridge & Dan S. Rickman & M. Rose Olfert & Ying Tan, 2012. "When Spatial Equilibrium Fails: Is Place-Based Policy Second Best?," Economics Working Paper Series 1204, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Partridge, Mark D. & Rickman, Dan S. & Olfert, M. Rose & Tan, Ying, 2012. "When spatial equilibrium fails: is place-based policy second best?," MPRA Paper 40270, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:58:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0807-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hong, Junpyo, 2011. "The Role of Amenities in a Regional Economy: A Meta-Analysis Approach," Journal of Rural Development/Nongchon-Gyeongje, Korea Rural Economic Institute, vol. 34(5), December.
- Allen J. Scott, 2010. "Jobs or amenities? Destination choices of migrant engineers in the USA," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(1), pages 43-63, March.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness performance and ownership; Human resources in science and technology; Innovation; Regional and urban profiles; Science and technology;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-01-26 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2008-01-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:stc:stcp1e:2008017e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Brown) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/stagvca.html .