Incentives to (not) Disclose Energy Performance Information in the Housing Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert Forsythe & R. Mark Isaac & Thomas R. Palfrey, 1989.
"Theories and Tests of "Blind Bidding" in Sealed-Bid Auctions,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 214-238, Summer.
- Forsythe, Robert & Isaac, R. Mark & Palfrey, Thomas R., 1987. "Theories and Tests of (Blind Bidding) in Sealed Bid Auctions," Working Papers 670, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Li, Sanxi & Peitz, Martin & Zhao, Xiaojian, 2016. "Information disclosure and consumer awareness," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 209-230.
- Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1986. "Price and Advertising Signals of Product Quality," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 796-821, August.
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Alberto Abadie & Susan Athey & Guido Imbens & Jeffrey Wooldridge, 2017.
"When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?,"
1710.02926, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2017.
- Alberto Abadie & Susan Athey & Guido W. Imbens & Jeffrey Wooldridge, 2017. "When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?," NBER Working Papers 24003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Abadie, Alberto & Athey, Susan & Imbens, Guido W. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey, 2017. "When Should You Adjust Standard Errors for Clustering?," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3596, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2013.
"The value of domestic building energy efficiency — evidence from Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 943-952.
- Ronan C. Lyons & Marie Hyland, 2012. "The value of domestic building energy efficiency - evidence from Ireland," Economics Series Working Papers 614, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2014. "The Value of Domestic Building Energy Efficiency – Evidence from Ireland," Papers RB2014/1/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Ginger Zhe Jin & Michael Luca & Daniel Martin, 2015. "Is No News (Perceived as) Bad News? An Experimental Investigation of Information Disclosure," NBER Working Papers 21099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, December.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Harbaugh, Richmond & To, Theodore, 2020.
"False modesty: When disclosing good news looks bad,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 43-55.
- Rick Harbaugh & Theodore To, 2005. "False Modesty: When Disclosing Good News Looks Bad," Working Papers 2005-05, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Michael J. Fishman & Kathleen M. Hagerty, 2003. "Mandatory Versus Voluntary Disclosure in Markets with Informed and Uninformed Customers," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 45-63, April.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2003. "Limited attention, information disclosure, and financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 337-386, December.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Boyan Jovanovic, 1982. "Truthful Disclosure of Information," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 13(1), pages 36-44, Spring.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils, 2011. "On the economics of energy labels in the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 166-179, September.
- Fuerst, Franz & Warren-Myers, Georgia, 2018. "Does voluntary disclosure create a green lemon problem? Energy-efficiency ratings and house prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 1-12.
More about this item
KeywordsInformation Unraveling; Voluntary Information Disclosure; Asymmetric;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2018-12-03 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2018-12-03 (Regulation)
- NEP-URE-2018-12-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/278920. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.