The Rent Impact of Disclosing Energy Performance Certificates: Energy Efficiency and Information Effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Dranove & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2010.
"Quality Disclosure and Certification: Theory and Practice,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 48(4), pages 935-963, December.
- David Dranove & Ginger Zhe Jin, 2010. "Quality Disclosure and Certification: Theory and Practice," NBER Working Papers 15644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Pete, 2016.
"Energy performance ratings and house prices in Wales: An empirical study,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 20-33.
- Franz Fuerst & Pat McAllister & Anupam Nanda & Peter Wyatt, 2015. "Energy Performance Ratings and House Prices in Wales: An Empirical Study," ERES eres2015_112, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Grossman, Sanford J, 1981. "The Informational Role of Warranties and Private Disclosure about Product Quality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 461-483, December.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2011. "Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Effects of Environmental Certification on Office Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 45-69, March.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2013.
"The value of domestic building energy efficiency — evidence from Ireland,"
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 943-952.
- Ronan C. Lyons & Marie Hyland, 2012. "The value of domestic building energy efficiency - evidence from Ireland," Economics Series Working Papers 614, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Hyland, Marie & Lyons, Ronan C. & Lyons, Seán, 2014. "The Value of Domestic Building Energy Efficiency – Evidence from Ireland," Papers RB2014/1/3, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Konstantin A Kholodilin & Andreas Mense & Claus Michelsen, 2017.
"The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 54(14), pages 3218-3238, November.
- Konstantin A. Kholodilin & Claus Michelsen, 2014. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1398, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Claus Michelsen & Konstantin Kholodilin & Andreas Mense, 2016. "The market value of energy efficiency in buildings and the mode of tenure," ERES eres2016_177, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Michelsen, Claus & Kholodilin, Konstantin, 2015. "The Market Value of Energy Efficiency in Buildings and the Mode of Tenure," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112881, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Kahn, Matthew E. & Kok, Nils, 2014. "The capitalization of green labels in the California housing market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 25-34.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Peter, 2015. "Does energy efficiency matter to home-buyers? An investigation of EPC ratings and transaction prices in England," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 145-156.
- Manuel Frondel & Andreas Gerster & Colin Vance, 2020.
"The Power of Mandatory Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the German Housing Market,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 181-208.
- Frondel, Manuel & Gerster, Andreas & Vance, Colin, 2016. "The Power of Mandatory Quality Disclosure: Evidence from the German Housing Market," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145815, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Frondel, Manuel & Gerster, Andreas & Vance, Colin, 2017. "The power of mandatory quality disclosure: Evidence from the German housing market," Ruhr Economic Papers 684, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Zheng, Siqi & Wu, Jing & Kahn, Matthew E. & Deng, Yongheng, 2012. "The nascent market for “green” real estate in Beijing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 974-984.
- Walls, Margaret & Gerarden, Todd & Palmer, Karen & Bak, Xian Fang, 2017.
"Is energy efficiency capitalized into home prices? Evidence from three U.S. cities,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 104-124.
- Walls, Margaret & Palmer, Karen & Gerarden, Todd, 2013. "Is Energy Efficiency Capitalized into Home Prices? Evidence from Three US Cities," Discussion Papers dp-13-18, Resources For the Future.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1981.
"Good News and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications,"
Bell Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 380-391, Autumn.
- Paul R. Milgrom, 1979. "Good Nevs and Bad News: Representation Theorems and Applications," Discussion Papers 407R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- George A. Akerlof, 1970. "The Market for "Lemons": Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils, 2011. "On the economics of energy labels in the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 166-179, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet, 2018.
"Energy efficiency as a credence good: A review of informational barriers to building energy savings,"
2018.07, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Louis-Gaëtan Giraudet, 2018. "Energy efficiency as a credence good: A review of informational barriers to building energy savings," Policy Papers 2018.04, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Bian, Xueying & Fabra, Natalia, 2018. "Incentives for Information Provision: Energy Efficiency in the Spanish Rental Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 13270, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsasymmetric information; voluntary information disclosure; energy performance certificates; energy efficiency;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- Q48 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Government Policy
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2017-04-30 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-ENE-2017-04-30 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2017-04-30 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2017-04-30 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eca:wpaper:2013/249921. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Benoit Pauwels). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/arulbbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.