German Nuclear Phase-out Policy: Effects on European Electricity Wholesale Prices, Emission Prices, Conventional Power Plant Investments and Eletricity Trade
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2008.
"Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured US Electricity Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(1), pages 237-266, March.
- James B. Bushnell & Erin T. Mansur & Celeste Saravia, 2007. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure, and Competition An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets," NBER Working Papers 13507, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bushnell, James & Mansur, Erin T. & Saravia, Celeste, 2008. "Vertical Arrangements, Market Structure and Competition: An Analysis of Restructured U.S. Electricity Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13130, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Barquin, J. & Boots,M. G. & Ehrenmann, A. & Hobbs, B.F. & Neuhoff, K. & Rijkers, F. A. M., 2004. "Network-constrained models of liberalized electricity markets: the devil is in the details," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0405, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Traber, Thure & Kemfert, Claudia, 2011.
"Gone with the wind? -- Electricity market prices and incentives to invest in thermal power plants under increasing wind energy supply,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 249-256, March.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Gone with the Wind?: Electricity Market Prices and Incentives to Invest in Thermal Power Plants under Increasing Wind Energy Supply," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 852, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michaela Fursch & Dietmar Lindenberger & Raimund Malischek & Stephan Nagl & Timo Panke & Johannes Truby, 2012.
"German Nuclear Policy Reconsidered: Implications for the Electricity Market,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Fürsch, Michaela & Lindenberger, Dietmar & Malischek, Raimund & Nagl, Stephan & Panke, Timo & Trüby, Johannes, 2011. "German Nuclear Policy Reconsidered: Implications for the Electricity Market," EWI Working Papers 2011-12, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2009. "Impacts of the German Support for Renewable Energy on Electricity Prices, Emissions, and Firms," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 155-178.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nagl, Stephan, 2013. "The Effect of Weather Uncertainty on the Financial Risk of Green Electricity Producers under Various Renewable Policies," EWI Working Papers 2013-15, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Brigitte Knopf & Yen-Heng Henry Chen & Enrica De Cian & Hannah Förster & Amit Kanudia & Ioanna Karkatsouli & Ilkka Keppo & Tiina Koljonen & Katja Schumacher & Detlef van Vuuren, 2014. "Beyond 2020 - Strategies and Costs for Transforming the European Energy System," Working Papers 2014.15, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Woo, C.K. & Ho, T. & Zarnikau, J. & Olson, A. & Jones, R. & Chait, M. & Horowitz, I. & Wang, J., 2014. "Electricity-market price and nuclear power plant shutdown: Evidence from California," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 234-244.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:04:y:2013:i:supp0:n:s2010007813400071 is not listed on IDEAS
- A. Schröder & T. Traber & C. Kemfert, 2013.
"Market Driven Power Plant Investment Perspectives In Europe: Climate Policy And Technology Scenarios Until 2050 In The Model Emelie-Esy,"
Climate Change Economics (CCE),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(supp0), pages 1-22.
- Andreas Schröder & Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2013. "Market Driven Power Plant Investment Perspectives in Europe: Climate Policy and Technology Scenarios until 2050 in the Model EMELIE-ESY," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1268, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:04:y:2013:i:supp0:n:s2010007813400010 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:04:y:2013:i:supp0:n:s2010007813400058 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chi-Keung Woo, Ira Horowitz, Jay Zarnikau, Jack Moore, Brendan Schneiderman, Tony Ho, and Eric Leung, 2016. "What Moves the Ex Post Variable Profit of Natural-Gas-Fired Generation in California?," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3).
- Friedrich Kunz and Hannes Weigt, 2014. "Germanys Nuclear Phase Out - A Survey of the Impact since 2011 and Outlook to 2023," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
More about this item
Keywordsenergy modeling; nuclear phase-out; climate policy; oligopoly;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2012-07-14 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2012-07-14 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2012-07-14 (Microeconomic European Issues)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .