Network-constrained models of liberalized electricity markets: the devil is in the details
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cardell, Judith B. & Hitt, Carrie Cullen & Hogan, William W., 1997. "Market power and strategic interaction in electricity networks," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 109-137, March.
- Chao, Hung-Po & Peck, Stephen, 1996. "A Market Mechanism for Electric Power Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 25-59, July.
- Severin Borenstein & James B. Bushnell & Frank A. Wolak, 2002. "Measuring Market Inefficiencies in California's Restructured Wholesale Electricity Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1376-1405, December.
- Bushnell, James, 2005. "Looking for Trouble: Competition Policy in the U.S. Electricity Industry," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13140, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thure Traber & Claudia Kemfert, 2012. "German Nuclear Phase-out Policy: Effects on European Electricity Wholesale Prices, Emission Prices, Conventional Power Plant Investments and Eletricity Trade," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1219, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Neuhoff, Karsten & Barquin, Julian & Boots, Maroeska G. & Ehrenmann, Andreas & Hobbs, Benjamin F. & Rijkers, Fieke A.M. & Vazquez, Miguel, 2005. "Network-constrained Cournot models of liberalized electricity markets: the devil is in the details," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 495-525, May.
- Lewis Evans & Graeme Guthrie & Steen Videbeck, 2008.
"Assessing The Integration Of Electricity Markets Using Principal Component Analysis: Network And Market Structure Effects,"
Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(1), pages 145-161, January.
- Evans, Lewis & Guthrie, Graeme & Videbeck, Steen, 2006. "Assessing the Integration of Electricity Markets Using Principal Component Analysis: Network and Market Structure Effects," Working Paper Series 3843, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Rajnish Kamat & Shmuel Oren, 2004. "Two-settlement Systems for Electricity Markets under Network Uncertainty and Market Power," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 5-37, January.
- Yao, Jian & Oren, Shmuel S. & Adler, Ilan, 2007. "Two-settlement electricity markets with price caps and Cournot generation firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1279-1296, September.
- Andreas Ehrenmann & Karsten Neuhoff, 2009.
"A Comparison of Electricity Market Designs in Networks,"
Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 57(2), pages 274-286, April.
- Ehrenmann, A. & Neuhoff, K., 2003. "A Comparison of Electricity Market Designs in Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0341, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Andreas Ehrenmann & Karsten Neuhoff, 2003. "A Comparison of Electricity Market Designs in Networks," Working Papers EP31, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Kosnik, Lea, 2008. "Consolidation and ownership trends of nonfederal hydropower generating assets, 1980-2003," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 715-731, May.
- David P. Brown & Andrew Eckert, 2017.
"Electricity market mergers with endogenous forward contracting,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 269-310, June.
- Brown, David P. & Eckert, Andrew, 2016. "Electricity Market Mergers with Endogenous Forward Contracting," Working Papers 2016-6, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & D'Errico, Maria Chiara & Polinori, Paolo, 2015.
"Competitive equilibrium in the italian wholesale electricity market,"
68310, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simona BIGERNA & Carlo Andrea BOLLINO & Maria Chiara D'ERRICO & Paolo POLINORI, 2015. "Competitive Equilibrium in the Italian Wholesale Electricity Market," Working papers of the Department of Economics - University of Perugia (IT) 0017/2015, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
- Olmos, L. & Neuhoff, K., 2004.
"‘Definition of a Balancing Point for Electricity Transmission Contracts’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0424, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Luis Olmos & Karsten Neuhoff, 2004. "Definition of a Balancing Point for Electricity Transmission Contracts," Working Papers EP40, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- E. Anderson & A. Philpott & H. Xu, 2007. "Modelling the effects of interconnection between electricity markets subject to uncertainty," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer;Gesellschaft für Operations Research (GOR);Nederlands Genootschap voor Besliskunde (NGB), vol. 65(1), pages 1-26, February.
- Poletti, Steve, 2009. "Government procurement of peak capacity in the New Zealand electricity market," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 3409-3417, September.
- Grimm, Veronika & Rückel, Bastian & Sölch, Christian & Zöttl, Gregor, 2021. "The impact of market design on transmission and generation investment in electricity markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
- Karsten Neuhoff, 2003.
"Integrating Transmission and Energy Markets Mitigates Market Power,"
EP17, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Neuhoff, K., 2003. "Integrating Transmission and Energy Markets Mitigates Market Power," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0310, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- James Bushnell, 2007.
"Oligopoly equilibria in electricity contract markets,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 225-245, December.
- Bushnell, James, 2007. "Oligopoly Equilibria in Electricity Contract Markets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 13135, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Anderson, Edward J. & Hu, Xinmin, 2008. "Forward contracts and market power in an electricity market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 679-694, May.
- Sertaç Oruç & Scott Cunningham, 2014. "Transmission Rights to the Electrical Transmission Grid in the Post Liberalization Era," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 5(4), pages 686-705, December.
- Macatangay, Rafael Emmanuel A., 1998. "Space-time prices of wholesale electricity in England and Wales," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 163-188, November.
- Evans, Lewis & Guthrie, Graeme & Lu, Andrea, 2013. "The role of storage in a competitive electricity market and the effects of climate change," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 405-418.
- Meredith Fowlie, 2008. "Incomplete Environmental Regulation, Imperfect Competition, and Emissions Leakage," NBER Working Papers 14421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Xinmin Hu & Daniel Ralph & Eric K. Ralph & Peter Bardsley & Michael C. Ferris, 2004.
"Electricity Generation with Looped Transmission Networks: Bidding to an ISO,"
EP65, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
- Hu, X. & Ralph, D. & Ralph, E.K. & Bardsley, P. & Ferris, M.C., 2004. "Electricity Generation with Looped Transmission Networks: Bidding to an ISO," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0470, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket power; Electricity; Networks; Numeric models; Model comparison;
All these keywords.
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.