Natural Disters : Exposure and Underinsurance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias N. Rasmussen, 2004. "Macroeconomic Implications of Natural Disasters in the Caribbean," IMF Working Papers 04/224, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2006.
"Retail electricity competition,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 37(4), pages 799-815, December.
- Paul L. Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Retail Electricity Competition," NBER Working Papers 10473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jean Tirole & Paul Joskow, 2006. "Retail Electricity Competition," Post-Print hal-00173713, HAL.
- Joskow, Paul L. & Tirole, Jean, 2004. "Retail Electricity Competition," IDEI Working Papers 311, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Joskow, P. & Tirole, J., 2004. "‘Retail Electricity Competition’," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0430, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul Joskow & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Retail Electricity Competition," Working Papers 0409, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, "undated".
"Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance,"
2010-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2010. "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Eduardo Borensztein & Eduardo Cavallo & Patricio Valenzuela, 2009. "Debt Sustainability Under Catastrophic Risk: The Case for Government Budget Insurance," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 12(2), pages 273-294, September.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Novemsky, Nathan & Kahneman, Daniel, 2001. "Making Low Probabilities Useful," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 103-120, September.
- Rubén Hernández-Murillo & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2011. "The effect of neighborhood contagion on mortgage selection," Working Papers 2011-036, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Altruism, the Samaritan's Dilemma, and Government Transfer Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 46-57, March.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002.
"The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(4), pages 1415-1451.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2000. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 28, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2001. "The Political Economy of Government Responsiveness: Theory and Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 2721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2000. "The political economy of government responsiveness: theory and evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guy Laroque & Bernard Salanie, 2002. "Labour market institutions and employment in France," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 25-48.
- Paul Raschky & Hannelore Weck-Hannemann, 2007. "Charity hazard - A real hazard to natural disaster insurance," Working Papers 2007-04, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Brown, David P, 1990. "Age Clienteles Induced by Liquidity Constraints," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(4), pages 891-912, November.
- Craig E. Landry & Mohammad R. Jahan‐Parvar, 2011. "Flood Insurance Coverage in the Coastal Zone," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 78(2), pages 361-388, June.
- Browne, Mark J & Hoyt, Robert E, 2000. "The Demand for Flood Insurance: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 291-306, May.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell S. Sobel, 2003. "The Political Economy of FEMA Disaster Payments," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 496-509, July.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2008.
"The Interaction of Public and Private Insurance: Medicaid and the Long-Term Care Insurance Market,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1083-1102, June.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Amy Finkelstein, 2004. "The Interaction of Public and Private Insurance: Medicaid and the Long-Term Care Insurance Market," NBER Working Papers 10989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heger, Martin & Julca, Alex & Paddison, Oliver, 2008. "Analysing the Impact of Natural Hazards in Small Economies: The Caribbean Case," WIDER Working Paper Series 025, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Renate Schubert, 1999. "Financial Decision-Making: Are Women Really More Risk-Averse?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 381-385, May.
- Reimund Schwarze & Gert G. Wagner, 2006.
"The Political Economy of Natural Disaster Insurance: Lessons from the Failure of a Proposed Compulsory Insurance Scheme in Germany,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
620, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Schwarze, Reimund & Wagner, Gert G., 2006. "The political economy of natural disaster insurance: Lessons from the failure of a proposed compulsory insurance scheme in Germany," Discussion Papers 2006/10, Technische Universität Berlin, School of Economics and Management.
- Jean-Marc Talion & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2007.
"Incertitude en économie de l'environnement,"
Revue Française d'Économie,
Programme National Persée, vol. 22(2), pages 3-56.
- Jean-Marc Tallon & Jean-Christophe Vergnaud, 2007. "Incertitude en économie de l'environnement," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00180909, HAL.
- Goetz von Peter & Sebastian von Dahlen & Sweta C Saxena, 2012. "Unmitigated disasters? New evidence on the macroeconomic cost of natural catastrophes," BIS Working Papers 394, Bank for International Settlements.
- Thomas Eisensee & David Strömberg, 2007. "News Droughts, News Floods, and U. S. Disaster Relief," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(2), pages 693-728.
- Palsson, Anne-Marie, 1996. "Does the degree of relative risk aversion vary with household characteristics?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 771-787, December.
- repec:rje:randje:v:37:y:2006:i:4:p:799-815 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lanny Arvan & David Nickerson, 2006. "Private Investment, Public Aid and Endogenous Divergence in the Evolution of Urban Neighborhoods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 83-100, February.
- Daniel R. Petrolia & Craig E. Landry & Keith H. Coble, 2013. "Risk Preferences, Risk Perceptions, and Flood Insurance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 227-245.
- Morin, Roger A & Fernandez Suarez, Antonio, 1983. " Risk Aversion Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(4), pages 1201-1216, September.
- Martin F. Grace & Robert W. Klein & Paul R. Kleindorfer, 2004. "Homeowners Insurance With Bundled Catastrophe Coverage," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 71(3), pages 351-379.
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2006. "Rules rather than discretion: Lessons from Hurricane Katrina," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 101-116, September.
- Howard Kunreuther & Mark Pauly, 2004. "Neglecting Disaster: Why Don't People Insure Against Large Losses?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 5-21, January.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Michael Keen & Paul K. Freeman & Muthukumara Mani, 2003. "Dealing with Increased Risk of Natural Disasters; Challenges and Options," IMF Working Papers 03/197, International Monetary Fund.
- Lucie Calvet & Céline Grislain-Letrémy, 2011. "L’assurance habitation dans les départements d’Outre-mer : une faible souscription," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 447(1), pages 57-70.
- Mark V. Pauly, 1974. "Overinsurance and Public Provision of Insurance: The Roles of Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(1), pages 44-62.
More about this item
KeywordsNatural Disters; Insurant; Disaster aid; Public assistance;
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- H84 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Disaster Aid
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:crs:wpaper:2013-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sri Srikandan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/crestfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.