Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2010. "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Powell, James L, 1986. "Symmetrically Trimmed Least Squares Estimation for Tobit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(6), pages 1435-1460, November.
- Paul Raschky & Hannelore Weck-Hannemann, 2007. "Charity hazard - A real hazard to natural disaster insurance," Working Papers 2007-04, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Botzen, W.J.W. & Aerts, J.C.J.H. & van den Bergh, J.C.J.M., 2009. "Willingness of homeowners to mitigate climate risk through insurance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2265-2277, June.
- Browne, Mark J & Hoyt, Robert E, 2000. "The Demand for Flood Insurance: Empirical Evidence," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 291-306, May.
- Bum J. Kim & Harris Schlesinger, 2005.
"Adverse Selection in an Insurance Market With Government-Guaranteed Subsistence Levels,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 72(1), pages 61-75.
- Bum J. Kim & Harris Schlesinger, 2004. "Adverse Selection in an Insurance Market with Government-Guaranteed Subsistence Levels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1217, CESifo Group Munich.
- Reimund Schwarze & Gert G Wagner, 2004.
"In the Aftermath of Dresden: New Directions in German Flood Insurance,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice,
Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 29(2), pages 154-168, April.
- Reimund Schwarze & Gert G. Wagner, 2004. "In the Aftermath of Dresden: New Directions in German Flood Insurance," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance, The International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics, vol. 29(2), pages 154-168, April.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell S. Sobel, 2003. "The Political Economy of FEMA Disaster Payments," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 41(3), pages 496-509, July.
- Lanny Arvan & David Nickerson, 2006. "Private Investment, Public Aid and Endogenous Divergence in the Evolution of Urban Neighborhoods," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 83-100, February.
- Erwann O. Michel-Kerjan & Carolyn Kousky, 2010.
"Come Rain or Shine: Evidence on Flood Insurance Purchases in Florida,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 77(2), pages 369-397.
- Erwann Michel-Kerjan & Carolyn Kousky, 2009. "Come Rain or Shine: Evidence on Flood Insurance Purchases in Florida," Working Papers hal-00372387, HAL.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1984. "Tobit models: A survey," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 3-61.
- Marielle Brunette & Laure Cabantous & Stéphane Couture & Anne Stenger, 2008. "Insurance Demand for Disaster-type Risks and the Separation of Attitudes toward Risk and Ambiguity: an Experimental Study," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2008-05, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Altruism, the Samaritan's Dilemma, and Government Transfer Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 46-57, March.
- Einhorn, Hillel J & Hogarth, Robin M, 1986. "Decision Making under Ambiguity," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 225-250, October.
- Kaplow, Louis, 1991. "Incentives and Government Relief for Risk," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 167-175, April.
- Marcel A.P.M. van Asseldonk & Miranda P.M. Meuwissen & Ruud B.M. Huirne, 2002. "Belief in Disaster Relief and the Demand for a Public-Private Insurance Program," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 196-207.
- Kunreuther, Howard C. & Michel-Kerjan, Erwann O., 2011.
"At War with the Weather: Managing Large-Scale Risks in a New Era of Catastrophes,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262516543, January.
- Howard C. Kunreuther & Erwann O. Michel-Kerjan, 2009. "At War with the Weather: Managing Large-Scale Risks in a New Era of Catastrophes," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262012820, January.
- Mary Kelly & Anne E. Kleffner, 2003. "Optimal Loss Mitigation and Contract Design," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 70(1), pages 53-72.
- Bradley Jorgensen & Geoffrey Syme & Brian Bishop & Blair Nancarrow, 1999. "Protest Responses in Contingent Valuation," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 14(1), pages 131-150, July.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
- Skeels, Christopher L. & Vella, Francis, 1999. "A Monte Carlo investigation of the sampling behavior of conditional moment tests in Tobit and Probit models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 275-294, October.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & James L. Powell, 2001. "Semiparametric Censored Regression Models," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 29-42, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Céline Grislain-Letremy, 2013. "Natural Disters : Exposure and Underinsurance," Working Papers 2013-15, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Marielle Brunette & Laure Cabantous & Stéphane Couture & Anne Stenger, 2013. "The impact of governmental assistance on insurance demand under ambiguity: a theoretical model and an experimental test," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 75(2), pages 153-174, August.
- Gawel, Erik & Heuson, Clemens & Lehmann, Paul, 2012. "Efficient public adaptation to climate change: An investigation of drivers and barriers from a Public Choice perspective," UFZ Discussion Papers 14/2012, Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ), Division of Social Sciences (ÖKUS).
- C. Grislain-Letrémy, 2013. "Natural Disasters: Exposure and Underinsurance," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2013-12, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13276 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel R. Petrolia & Craig E. Landry & Keith H. Coble, 2013. "Risk Preferences, Risk Perceptions, and Flood Insurance," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 89(2), pages 227-245.
- Paul A. RASCHKY, 2013. "Estimating the Effects of West Sumatra Public Asset Insurance Program on Short-Term Recovery after the September 2009 Earthquake," Working Papers DP-2013-35, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
More about this item
KeywordsInsurance demand; governmental relief; natural hazards;
- D78 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Positive Analysis of Policy Formulation and Implementation
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inn:wpaper:2010-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Janette Walde). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fuibkat.html .