Private Investment, Public Aid and Endogenous Divergence in the Evolution of Urban Neighborhoods
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cabreales, Antonio & Calvo-Armengol, Antoni & Jackson, Matthew O., 2003. "La Crema: A Case Study of Mutual Fire Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(2), pages 425-458, April.
- Matthew Haag & Roger Lagunoff, 2006.
"Social Norms, Local Interaction, And Neighborhood Planning ,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(1), pages 265-296, February.
- Matthew Haag & Roger Lagunoff, 1999. "Social Norms, Local Interaction, and Neighborhood Planning," Game Theory and Information 9907004, EconWPA.
- Matthew Haag & Roger Lagunoff, 2000. "social Norms, Local Interaction and Neighborhood Planning," Levine's Working Paper Archive 2049, David K. Levine.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose Scheinkman, 2000.
NBER Working Papers
8053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Jose A. Scheinkman, 2001. "Non-Market Interactions," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1914, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Giorgio Fagiolo, 2001.
"Coordination, Local Interactions and Endogenous Neighborhood Formation,"
LEM Papers Series
2001/15, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Giorgio Fagiolo, 2002. "Coordination, Local Interactions, and Endogenous Neighborhood Formation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2002 98, Society for Computational Economics.
- Grieson, Ronald E. & White, James R., 1989. "The existence and capitalization of neighborhood externalities: A reassessment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 68-76, January.
- Rothenberg, Jerome & Galster, George C. & Butler, Richard V. & Pitkin, John R., 1991. "The Maze of Urban Housing Markets," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226729510, April.
- Kunreuther, Howard, 1996. "Mitigating Disaster Losses through Insurance," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 12(2-3), pages 171-187, May.
- Schall, Lawrence D, 1976. "Urban Renewal Policy and Economic Efficiency," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 612-628, September.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Becker, Gary S, 1972. "Market Insurance, Self-Insurance, and Self-Protection," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(4), pages 623-648, July-Aug..
- H. Peyton Young, 1996. "The Economics of Convention," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(2), pages 105-122, Spring.
- Karla Hoff & Arijit Sen, 2005.
"Homeownership, Community Interactions, and Segregation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1167-1189, September.
- Hoff, Karla & Sen, Arijit, 2004. "Homeownership, community interactions, and segregation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3316, The World Bank.
- Smith, Lawrence B & Rosen, Kenneth T & Fallis, George, 1988. "Recent Developments in Economic Models of Housing Markets," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(1), pages 29-64, March.
- Galster, George, 2002. "An economic efficiency analysis of deconcentrating poverty populations," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 303-329, December.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1983. "Ranking Income Distributions," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 3-17, February.
- Syron, Richard F, 1973. "Administered Prices and the Market Reaction: The Case of Urban Core Property Insurance," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 28(1), pages 147-156, March.
- Mitchell Polinsky, A. & Shavell, Steven, 1976. "Amenities and property values in a model of an urban area," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1-2), pages 119-129.
- Frame, David E., 2001. "Insurance and Community Welfare," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 267-284, March.
- Lewis, Tracy & Nickerson, David, 1989. "Self-insurance against natural disasters," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 209-223, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Céline Grislain-Letremy, 2013. "Natural Disters : Exposure and Underinsurance," Working Papers 2013-15, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- C. Grislain-Letrémy, 2013. "Natural Disasters: Exposure and Underinsurance," Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE g2013-12, Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE.
- Andor, Mark & Osberghaus, Daniel & Simora, Michael, 2017.
"Natural disasters and governmental aid: Is there a charity hazard?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
17-065, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Andor, Mark & Osberghaus, Daniel & Simora, Michael, 2017. "Natural disasters and governmental aid: Is there a charity hazard?," Ruhr Economic Papers 738, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Paul Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2013. "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Flood Insurance," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 54(2), pages 179-200, February.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, "undated".
"Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance,"
2010-03, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Paul A. Raschky & Reimund Schwarze & Manijeh Schwindt & Ferdinand Zahn, 2010. "Uncertainty of Governmental Relief and the Crowding out of Insurance," Monash Economics Working Papers 05-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Paul Raschky & Hannelore Weck-Hannemann, 2007. "Charity hazard - A real hazard to natural disaster insurance," Working Papers 2007-04, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13276 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsblight; housing; neighborhood effects; urban renewal;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jrefec:v:32:y:2006:i:1:p:83-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.