Gender differences in risk behaviour in financial decision-making: An experimental analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sexton, Donald L. & Bowman-Upton, Nancy, 1990. "Female and male entrepreneurs: Psychological characteristics and their role in gender-related discrimination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 29-36, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dendi Ramdani & Arjen Witteloostuijn, 2012. "The Shareholder–Manager Relationship and Its Impact on the Likelihood of Firm Bribery," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(4), pages 495-507, July.
- Justo, Rachida & DeTienne, Dawn R. & Sieger, Philipp, 2015. "Failure or voluntary exit? Reassessing the female underperformance hypothesis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 775-792.
- Thaís García-Pereiro & Ivano Dileo, 2017. "Gender Differences In Entrepreneurial Activities In Italy," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - The Italian Journal of Economic, Demographic and Statistical Studies, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 71(3), pages 31-40, July-Sept.
- Verheul, Ingrid & Thurik, Roy & Grilo, Isabel & van der Zwan, Peter, 2012. "Explaining preferences and actual involvement in self-employment: Gender and the entrepreneurial personality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 325-341.
- Dr. Brinda Kalyani. P. R & Dr. Dileep Kumar M., 2011. "Motivational factors, entrepreneurship and education: Study with reference to women in SMEs," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 3(2), pages 14-35, June.
- Lewis T. Cunningham & B. Wade Brorsen & Kim B. Anderson & Emílio Tostão, 2008. "Gender differences in marketing styles," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Berry, James W. & Sanchez, Janice, 2019. "Perceiving entrepreneurs: Job title comparisons in warmth and competence," Journal of Business Venturing Insights, Elsevier, vol. 12(C).
- Nadia Simoes & Nuno Crespo & Sandrina B. Moreira, 2016.
"Individual Determinants Of Self-Employment Entry: What Do We Really Know?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 783-806, September.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dautzenberg, Kirsti & Müller-Seitz, Gordon, 2011. "Technologieorientierte Unternehmensgründungen als Männerdomäne?," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 65(3), pages 238-262.
- Gazmend Qorraj, 2017. "Does Education Matter for Entrepreneurship Activities? The Case of Kosovo," International Journal of Management, Knowledge and Learning, International School for Social and Business Studies, Celje, Slovenia, vol. 6(1), pages 131-144.
- Laura Orobia & Gerrit Rooks, 2011. "Risk Taking and Start-up Capital: Exploring Gender differences in Uganda, through an International Comparison," Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, AMH International, vol. 3(2), pages 83-93.
- Laura Serviere-Munoz & Anshu Saran, 2012. "Market Orientation, Innovation, And Dynamism From An Ownership And Gender Approach: Evidence From Mexico," International Journal of Management and Marketing Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 5(2), pages 1-17.
- Xuemei Xie & Jiuchang Lv, 2016. "Social networks of female tech-entrepreneurs and new venture performance: the moderating effects of entrepreneurial alertness and gender discrimination," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 963-983, December.
- Punita Bhatt & Supriya Garikipati, 2020. "Feminist Ideologies at Work: Culture, Collectivism and Entrepreneurship among Poor Women in India," Working Papers 202014, University of Liverpool, Department of Economics.
- Civelek Mehmed & Rahman Ashiqur & Kozubikova Ludmila, 2016. "Entrepreneurial Orientation In The Segment Of Micro-Enterprises: Evidence From Czech Republic," International Journal of Entrepreneurial Knowledge, Center for International Scientific Research of VSO and VSPP, vol. 4(1), pages 72-89, June.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gatewood, Elizabeth J., 2003. "The career reasons of nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-39, January.
- Agier, Isabelle & Szafarz, Ariane, 2013.
"Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 165-181.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2010. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling in Loan Size?," Working Papers CEB 10-047, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Isabelle Agier & Ariane Szafarz, 2013. "Microfinance and Gender: Is There a Glass Ceiling on Loan Size?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/149090, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Norudin Mansor, 2005. "WOMAN IN BUSINESS: DETERMINANTS FOR VENTURING IN MALAYSIANS SMEs," JOURNAL STUDIA UNIVERSITATIS BABES-BOLYAI NEGOTIA, Babes-Bolyai University, Faculty of Business.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Williams, Mary & Reynolds, Paul D., 1997. "Discontinuance among new firms in retail: The influence of initial resources, strategy, and gender," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 125-145, March.
- Martin Obschonka & Eva Schmitt-Rodermund & Antonio Terracciano, 2014. "Personality and the Gender Gap in Self-Employment: A Multi-Nation Study," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 9(8), pages 1-11, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:18:y:1997:i:6:p:605-628. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.