Resource Agency Relationship with Privately Known Exploration and Extraction Costs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Baron, David P., 1989. "Design of regulatory mechanisms and institutions," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 24, pages 1347-1447 Elsevier.
- Lionel Thomas & Jean-Christophe Poudou & Manh Nguyen Hung, 2006. "Optimal resource extraction contract with adverse selection," Post-Print hal-00448793, HAL.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 1993. "A Theory of Incentives in Procurement and Regulation," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262121743, January.
- Baron, David P. & Besanko, David, 1984. "Regulation and information in a continuing relationship," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 267-302.
- Francis Didier Tatoutchoup, 2015. "Optimal Forestry Contracts under Asymmetry of Information," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 117(1), pages 84-107, January.
- Ken Hendricks & Robert Porter & Guofu Tan, 2008. "Bidding rings and the winner's curse," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(4), pages 1018-1041.
- Hung, Nguyen Manh & Poudou, Jean-Christophe & Thomas, Lionel, 2006. "Optimal resource extraction contract with adverse selection," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 78-85, June.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2014.
"Depletion and Development: Natural Resource Supply with Endogenous Field Opening,"
Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 313-336.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and Development: Natural Resource Supply with Endogenous Field Opening," CESifo Working Paper Series 3608, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and Development: Natural resource supply with endogenous field opening," OxCarre Working Papers 062, Oxford Centre for the Analysis of Resource Rich Economies, University of Oxford.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2011. "Depletion and development: natural resource supply with endogenous field opening," Economics Series Working Papers 554, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Hendricks & Robert H. Porter, 2014. "Auctioning Resource Rights," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 175-190, October.
- Helm, Carsten & Wirl, Franz, 2014.
"The principal–agent model with multilateral externalities: An application to climate agreements,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 141-154.
- Carsten Helm & Franz Wirl, 2014. "The Principal-Agent Model with Multilateral Externalities: An Application to Climate Agreements," ZenTra Working Papers in Transnational Studies 32 / 2014, ZenTra - Center for Transnational Studies, revised Jan 2014.
- Petter Osmundsen, 1998. "Dynamic Taxation of Non-renewable Natural Resources Under Asymmetric Information About Reserves," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(4), pages 933-951, November.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1986.
"The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 691-719, August.
- Oliver Hart & Sanford Grossman, 1985. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Working papers 372, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J. & Hart, Oliver D., 1986. "The Costs and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," Scholarly Articles 3450060, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver, 1985. "The Cost and Benefits of Ownership: A Theory of Vertical and Lateral Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 70, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Helm, Carsten & Wirl, Franz, 2016. "Multilateral externalities: Contracts with private information either about costs or benefits," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 27-31.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Regulation of a Risk Averse Firm," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 149-173, November.
- Julien DAUBANES & Pierre LASSERRE, 2014.
"Dispatching after Producing : The Supply of Non-Renewable Resources,"
Cahiers de recherche
13-2014, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2014. "Dispatching after Producing: The Supply of Non-Renewable Resources," CESifo Working Paper Series 5060, CESifo Group Munich.
- Julien Daubanes & Pierre Lasserre, 2014. "Dispatching after Producing: The Supply of Non-Renewable Resources," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-42, CIRANO.
- Segerson, Kathleen & Wu, JunJie, 2006.
"Nonpoint pollution control: Inducing first-best outcomes through the use of threats,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 165-184, March.
- Kathleen Segerson & JunJie Wu, 2003. "Nonpoint Pollution Control: Inducing First-best Outcomes through the Use of Threats," Working papers 2003-03, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2004.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1988. "The Dynamics of Incentive Contracts," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(5), pages 1153-1175, September.
- Jullien, Bruno, 2000.
"Participation Constraints in Adverse Selection Models,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 1-47, July.
- Jullien, Bruno, 1997. "Participation Constraints in Adverse Selection Models," IDEI Working Papers 67, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Lewis, Tracy R. & Sappington, David E. M., 1995. "Using markets to allocate pollution permits and other scarce resource rights under limited information," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 431-455, July.
- Alessandro Pavan & Ilya Segal & Juuso Toikka, 2014. "Dynamic Mechanism Design: A Myersonian Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 82(2), pages 601-653, March.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Lassere, Pierre & Long, Ngo Van, 1995. "Optimal Resource Royalties with Unknown and Temporally Independent Extraction Cost Structures," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 715-749, August.
- Vasiliki Skreta, 2006. "Sequentially Optimal Mechanisms -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(4), pages 1085-1111.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martimort, David & Pouyet, Jï¿½rï¿½me & Ricci, Francesco, 2017.
"Extracting Information or Resource? The Hotelling Rule Revisited under Asymmetric Information,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Martimort & Jérôme Pouyet & Francesco Ricci, 2017. "Extracting Information or Resource ? The Hotelling Rule Revisited under Asym- metric Information," Post-Print halshs-01631594, HAL.
- David Martimort & Jérôme Pouyet & Francesco Ricci, 2017. "Extracting Information or Resource? The Hotelling Rule Revisited under Asymmetric Information," PSE Working Papers halshs-01431170, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsNonrenewable resources; asymmetric information; endogenous stock of resource; incentive mechanisms;
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- Q38 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy (includes OPEC Policy)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-10-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2016-10-30 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ENV-2016-10-30 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2016s-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.