Regulation of a Risk Averse Firm
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kimball, Miles S, 1990.
"Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large,"
Econometric Society, vol. 58(1), pages 53-73, January.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989. "Precautionary Saving in the Small and in the Large," NBER Working Papers 2848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1995. "Regulation, moral hazard and insurance of environmental risks," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 319-336, November.
- Baron, David P & Myerson, Roger B, 1982. "Regulating a Monopolist with Unknown Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 911-930, July.
- Laffont, Jean-Jacques & Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Using Cost Observation to Regulate Firms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 614-641, June.
- Spence, Michael & Zeckhauser, Richard, 1971. "Insurance, Information, and Individual Action," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 380-387, May.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Zeckhauser, Richard, 1970. "Medical insurance: A case study of the tradeoff between risk spreading and appropriate incentives," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 10-26, March.
- B. Caillaud & R. Guesnerie & P. Rey, 1992. "Noisy Observation in Adverse Selection Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 595-615.
- Melumad, Nahum D. & Reichelstein, Stefan, 1989. "Value of communication in agencies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 334-368, April.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Grossman, Sanford J & Hart, Oliver D, 1983.
"An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem,"
Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 7-45, January.
- Sanford Grossman & Oliver Hart, "undated". "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 15-80, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Sanford J Grossman & Oliver D Hart, 2001. "An Analysis of the Principal-Agent Problem," Levine's Working Paper Archive 391749000000000339, David K. Levine.
- Holmstrom, Bengt & Milgrom, Paul, 1987.
"Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 303-328, March.
- Bengt Holmstrom & Paul R. Milgrom, 1985. "Aggregation and Linearity in the Provision of Intertemporal Incentives," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 742, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dominique M. Demougin, 1989. "A Renegotiation-Proof Mechanism for a Principal-Agent Model with Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(2), pages 256-267, Summer.
- Steven Shavell, 1979. "On Moral Hazard and Insurance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(4), pages 541-562.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Signe Anthon & Serge Garcia & Anne Stenger, 2010.
"Incentive Contracts for Natura 2000 Implementation in Forest Areas,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 46(3), pages 281-302, July.
- Signe Anthon & Serge Garcia & Anne Stenger, 2010. "Incentive contracts for Natura 2000 implementation in forest areas," Post-Print hal-01072345, HAL.
- Mougeot, Michel & Naegelen, Florence, 2008.
"Supply-side risk adjustment and outlier payment policy,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 1196-1200, September.
- Michel Mougeot & Florence Naegelen, 2008. "Supply side risk adjustment and outlier payment policy," Post-Print hal-00448482, HAL.
- Robert J. Gary-Bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2015.
"Optimal student loans and graduate tax under moral hazard and adverse selection,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 46(3), pages 546-576, September.
- Gary-Bobo, Robert J. & Trannoy, Alain, 2013. "Optimal Student Loans and Graduate Tax under Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," CEPR Discussion Papers 9505, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert J. Gary‐bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2015. "Optimal student loans and graduate tax under moral hazard and adverse selection," Post-Print hal-01457311, HAL.
- Robert J. Gary-Bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2014. "Optimal Student Loans and Graduate Tax under Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," Working Papers halshs-00993124, HAL.
- Alain Trannoy & Robert Gary-Bobo, 2014. "Optimal Student Loans and Graduate Tax under Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," AMSE Working Papers 1416, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France, revised 02 Apr 2014.
- Robert J. Gary-Bobo & Alain Trannoy, 2013. "Optimal Student Loans and Graduate Tax under Moral Hazard and Adverse Selection," CESifo Working Paper Series 4279, CESifo Group Munich.
- Raduna, Daniela Viviana & Roman, Mihai Daniel, 2011. "Risk aversion influence on insurance market," MPRA Paper 37725, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Feb 2012.
- Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Reiche, Sönje Kerrin, 2003. "Dynamic Yardstick Regulation," CEPR Discussion Papers 4035, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- François Castonguay & Pierre Lasserre, 2016. "Resource Agency Relationship with Privately Known Exploration and Extraction Costs," CIRANO Working Papers 2016s-56, CIRANO.
- Nurmakhanova, Mira, 2008. "Essays on fall fertilizer application," ISU General Staff Papers 2008010108000016739, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jochen Streb, 2009. "Negotiating contract types and contract clauses in the German construction industry during the Third Reich," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(2), pages 364-379.
- Antoine Faure-Grimaud & Soenje Reiche, 2003. "Dynamic Yardstick Regulation," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 459, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Garrett, Daniel F. & Pavan, Alessandro, 2015. "Dynamic managerial compensation: A variational approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PB), pages 775-818.
- Ayako Suzuki, 2012. "Yardstick Competition to Elicit Private Information: An Empirical Analysis," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 40(4), pages 313-338, June.
- Arun Malik, 2007. "Optimal environmental regulation based on more than just emissions," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 1-16, August.
- Bontems, Philippe & Thomas, Alban, 2001. "Optimal Regulation Under Asymmetric Information And Risk Aversion With An Application To Pollution Control," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20727, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Eric Maskin, 2004. "Jean-Jacques Laffont: A Look Back," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 913-923, September.
- François MARECHAL & Michel MOUGEOT, 2004. "Risk sharing and moral hazard under prospective payment to hospitals: how to reimburse services for outlier patients," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 04.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- repec:kap:jeczfn:v:124:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00712-017-0587-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Laffont, 2000. "Information et économie publique," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 145(4), pages 107-115.
- Theilen, Bernd, 2003. "Simultaneous moral hazard and adverse selection with risk averse agents," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 283-289, May.
- Chifeng Dai, 2008. "Regulating a risk-averse firm under incomplete information," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 75-85, August.
- Bruno Jullien & Bernard Salanié & François Salanié, 2007. "Screening risk-averse agents under moral hazard: single-crossing and the CARA case," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 30(1), pages 151-169, January.
- Christophe Gence-Creux, 2000. "Regulation with a Risk-Averse Principal," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0588, Econometric Society.
- Giulio Federico, 2004. "Samaritans, Rotten Kids and Policy Conditionality," Development and Comp Systems 0409004, EconWPA.
- Szalay, Dezsö, 2008. "Monopoly, Non-linear Pricing, and Imperfect Information : A Reconsideration of the Insurance Market," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 863, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Faure-Grimaud, Antoine & Reiche, Sonje, 2003. "Dynamic yardstick regulation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19319, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Armstrong, Mark & Sappington, David E.M., 2007. "Recent Developments in the Theory of Regulation," Handbook of Industrial Organization, Elsevier.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:gamebe:v:25:y:1998:i:2:p:149-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622836 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.