From Bottom of the Barrel to Cream of the Crop: Sequential Screening with Positive Selection
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean Tirole, 2016. "From Bottom of the Barrel to Cream of the Crop: Sequential Screening With Positive Selection," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 84, pages 1291-1343, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Helmut Bester & Roland Strausz, "undated". "Imperfect Commitment and the Revelation Principle," Papers 004, Departmental Working Papers.
- Gerardi, Dino & Hörner, Johannes & Maestri, Lucas, 2014.
"The role of commitment in bilateral trade,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 578-603.
- Dino Gerardi & Johannes Horner & Lucas Maestri, 2010. "The Role of Commitment in Bilateral Trade," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1760R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Oct 2013.
- Dino Gerardi & Johannes Horner & Lucas Maestri, 2010. "The Role of Commitment in Bilateral Trade," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1760, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dino Gerardi & Johannes Horner & Lucas Maestri, 2010. "The Role of Commitment in Bilateral Trade," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000117, David K. Levine.
- Dino Gerardi & Johannes Horner & Lucas Maestri, 2010. "The Role of Commitment in Bilateral Trade," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 151, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Dino Gerardi & Johannes Horner & Lucas Maestri, 2014. "The Role of Commitment in Bilateral Trade," Levine's Working Paper Archive 786969000000000923, David K. Levine.
- John Riley & Richard Zeckhauser, 1983. "Optimal Selling Strategies: When to Haggle, When to Hold Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(2), pages 267-289.
- repec:eee:jetheo:v:171:y:2017:i:c:p:136-173 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iñaki Aguirre & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 2010.
"Monopoly Price Discrimination and Demand Curvature,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1601-1615, September.
- Aguirre Pérez, Iñaki & Cowan, Simon & Vickers, John, 2009. "Monopoly Price Discrimination and Demand Curvature," IKERLANAK 2009-39, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Fundamentos del Análisis Económico I.
- Dino Gerardi & Lucas Maestri, 2013. "Bargaining over a Divisible Good in the Market for Lemons," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 312, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Guesnerie, Roger & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1984. "A complete solution to a class of principal-agent problems with an application to the control of a self-managed firm," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 329-369, December.
- Kruse, Thomas & Strack, Philipp, 2015. "Optimal stopping with private information," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 159(PB), pages 702-727.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Buehler, Stefan & Nicolas Eschenbaum, 2018. "Explaining Escalating Fines and Prices: The Curse of Positive Selection," Economics Working Paper Series 1807, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
More about this item
Keywordsrepeated relationships; screening; positive selection; time consistency; shifting preferences; exit games;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-07-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2016-07-30 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2016-07-30 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tse:wpaper:30552. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tsetofr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.