Border Carbon Ajustment in Europe and Trade Retaliation: What would be the Cost for European Union?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jean Fouré & Houssein Guimbard & Stéphanie Monjon, 2016. "Border Carbon Ajustment in Europe and Trade Retaliation: What would be the Cost for European Union?," Post-Print hal-01291370, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean Fouré & Agnès Bénassy-Quéré & Lionel Fontagné, 2013. "Modelling the world economy at the 2050 horizon," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(4), pages 617-654, October.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/10122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bown, Chad P. & Ruta, Michele, 2008. "The economics of permissible WTO retaliation," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2008-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Houssein Guimbard & Sébastien Jean & Mondher Mimouni & Xavier Pichot, 2012.
"MAcMap-HS6 2007, an Exhaustive and Consistent Measure of Applied Protection in 2007,"
CEPII research center, issue 130, pages 99-122.
- Houssein Guimbard & Sébastien Jean & Mondher Mimouni & Xavier Pichot, 2012. "MAcMap-HS6 2007, an exhaustive and consistent measure of applied protection in 2007," Working Papers 2012-10, CEPII research center.
- Yvan Decreux & Hugo Valin, 2007.
"MIRAGE, Updated Version of the Model for Trade Policy Analysis: Focus on Agriculture and Dynamics,"
2007-15, CEPII research center.
- Decreux, Yvan & Valin, Hugo, 2007. "MIRAGE, Updated Version of the Model for Trade Policy Analysis: Focus on Agriculture and Dynamics," Working Papers 7284, TRADEAG - Agricultural Trade Agreements.
- repec:zbw:hohpro:346 is not listed on IDEAS
- Böhringer, Christoph & Balistreri, Edward J. & Rutherford, Thomas F., 2012. "The role of border carbon adjustment in unilateral climate policy: Overview of an Energy Modeling Forum study (EMF 29)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(S2), pages 97-110.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Giovanni Ruta, 2012.
"Trade, climate change, and the political game theory of border carbon adjustments,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 368-394, SUMMER.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn & Giovanni Ruta, 2012. "Trade, climate change and the political game theory of border carbon adjustments," GRI Working Papers 80, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Stéphanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2011.
"A border adjustment for the EU ETS: reconciling WTO rules and capacity to tackle carbon leakage,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 1212-1225, September.
- Stephanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2011. "A border adjustment for the EU ETS: reconciling WTO rules and capacity to tackle carbon leakage," Post-Print hal-00715462, HAL.
- Kuik, Onno & Hofkes, Marjan, 2010. "Border adjustment for European emissions trading: Competitiveness and carbon leakage," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1741-1748, April.
- Peter Holmes & Tom Reilly & Jim Rollo, 2011.
"Border carbon adjustments and the potential for protectionism,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 883-900, March.
- Peter Holmes & Tom Reilly & Jim Rollo, 2010. "Border Carbon Adjustments and the Potential for Protectionism," Working Paper Series 0610, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Gaulier, Guillaume & Zignago, Soledad, 2004.
"Notes on BACI (analytical database of international trade). 1989-2002 version,"
32401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "BACI: International Trade Database at the Product-Level. The 1994-2007 Version," Working Papers 2010-23, CEPII research center.
- Monjon, Stéphanie & Quirion, Philippe, 2010.
"How to design a border adjustment for the European Union Emissions Trading System?,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 5199-5207, September.
- S. Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2010. "How to design a border adjustment for the European Union Emissions Trading System?," Post-Print hal-00719254, HAL.
- Stéphanie Monjon & Philippe Quirion, 2010. "How to Design a Border Adjustment for the European Union Emissions Trading System?," Working Papers 2010.36, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lionel Fontagné & Jean Fouré & Maria Priscila Ramos, 2013. "MIRAGE-e: A General Equilibrium Long-term Path of the World Economy," Working Papers 2013-39, CEPII research center.
- Scott Barrett, 2011. "Rethinking Climate Change Governance and Its Relationship to the World Trading System," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(11), pages 1863-1882, November.
- Roland Ismer & Karsten Neuhoff, 2007. "Border tax adjustment: a feasible way to support stringent emission trading," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 137-164, October.
- Paul Veenendaal & Ton Manders, 2008. "Border tax adjustment and the EU-ETS, a quantitative assessment," CPB Document 171, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7940 is not listed on IDEAS
- Löschel, Andreas & Alexeeva-Talebi, Victoria & Mennel, Tim, 2008. "Climate Policy and the Problem of Competitiveness: Border Tax Adjustments or Integrated Emission Trading?," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-061, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin, Ralf & Muûls, Mirabelle & de Preux, Laure B. & Wagner, Ulrich J., 2014.
"On the empirical content of carbon leakage criteria in the EU Emissions Trading Scheme,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 78-88.
- Martin, Ralf & Muuls, Mirabelle & de Preux, Laure B. & Wagner, Ulrich J., 2014. "On the empirical content of carbon leakage criteria in the EU emissions trading scheme," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 57538, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
Keywordsemission trading scheme; border carbon adjustment; trade retaliation;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-11-29 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-11-29 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2013-11-29 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-INT-2013-11-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cii:cepidt:2013-34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepiifr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.