Online Job Search and Matching Quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, William, 1988. "Production Costs and Output Qualities in Public and Private Employment Agencies," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 379-393, October.
- Holzer, Harry J, 1988. "Search Method Use by Unemployed Youth," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Linda Datcher Loury, 2006. "Some Contacts Are More Equal than Others: Informal Networks, Job Tenure, and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(2), pages 299-318, April.
- Ferreira, Priscila & Taylor, Mark, 2011. "Measuring match quality using subjective data," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 304-306.
- Williams, Donald R., 2000. "Consequences of self-employment for women and men in the United States," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 665-687, September.
- Mincer, Jacob & Polachek, Solomon, 1974.
"Family Investment in Human Capital: Earnings of Women,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(2), pages 76-108, Part II, .
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polacheck, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 397-431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacob Mincer & Solomon Polachek, 1974. "Family Investments in Human Capital: Earnings of Women," NBER Chapters, in: Marriage, Family, Human Capital, and Fertility, pages 76-110, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John T. Addison & Pedro Portugal, 2002.
"Job search methods and outcomes,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 505-533, July.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 1998. "Job Search Methods and Outcomes," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-41, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Pedro Portugal & John T. Addison, 1998. "Job Search Methods and Outcomes," Working Papers w199808, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Addison, John T. & Portugal, Pedro, 2001. "Job Search Methods and Outcomes," IZA Discussion Papers 349, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Peter Kuhn & Hani Mansour, 2014. "Is Internet Job Search Still Ineffective?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 124(581), pages 1213-1233, December.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2002.
"The Labour Market in the New Information Economy,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 288-305.
- Richard B. Freeman, 2002. "The Labour Market in the New Information Economy," NBER Working Papers 9254, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2002. "The labour market in the new information economy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20062, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Richard Freeman, 2002. "The Labour Market in the New Information Economy," CEP Discussion Papers dp0558, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mário Centeno, 2004. "The Match Quality Gains from Unemployment Insurance," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(3).
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- van Ours, Jan C. & Vodopivec, Milan, 2008. "Does reducing unemployment insurance generosity reduce job match quality?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 684-695, April.
- David H. Autor, 2001. "Wiring the Labor Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(1), pages 25-40, Winter.
- Simon, Curtis J & Warner, John T, 1992. "Matchmaker, Matchmaker: The Effect of Old Boy Networks on Job Match Quality, Earnings, and Tenure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(3), pages 306-330, July.
- Czernich, Nina, 2011. "Broadband Infrastructure and Unemployment - Evidence for Germany," Discussion Papers in Economics 12279, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Denzer, Manuel & Schank, Thorsten & Upward, Richard, 2018.
"Does the Internet Increase the Job Finding Rate? Evidence from a Period of Internet Expansion,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11764, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Manuel Denzer & Thorsten Schank, 2018. "Does the internet increase the job finding rate? Evidence from a period of internet expansion," Working Papers 1807, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz.
- Nadine Fabritz, 2015. "Investment in ICT: Determinants and Economic Implications," ifo Beiträge zur Wirtschaftsforschung, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, number 60.
- Nickel, Christiane & Bobeica, Elena & Koester, Gerrit & Lis, Eliza & Porqueddu, Mario, 2019. "Understanding low wage growth in the euro area and European countries," Occasional Paper Series 232, European Central Bank.
- Nadine Fabritz, 2013. "The Impact of Broadband on Economic Activity in Rural Areas: Evidence from German Municipalities," ifo Working Paper Series 166, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Rainer Eppel & Helmut Mahringer & Andrea Weber, 2014. "Job Search Behaviour and Job Search Success of the Unemployed," WIFO Working Papers 471, WIFO.
- Lucia Kureková & Miroslav Beblavý & Anna Thum-Thysen, 2015. "Using online vacancies and web surveys to analyse the labour market: a methodological inquiry," IZA Journal of Labor Economics, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Stockinger, Bastian, 2017. "The effect of broadband internet on establishments' employment growth: evidence from Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 201719, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Hernan Galperin & M. Fernanda Viecens, 2017. "Connected for Development? Theory and evidence about the impact of Internet technologies on poverty alleviation," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 35(3), pages 315-336, May.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Nolte, André & Pohlan, Laura & van den Berg, Gerard J., 2018.
"Do Digital Information Technologies Help Unemployed Job Seekers Find a Job? Evidence from the Broadband Internet Expansion in Germany,"
IZA Discussion Papers
11555, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Diegmann (né Nolte), André & Pohlan, Laura & van den Berg, Gerard J., 2018. "Do digital information technologies help unemployed job seekers find a job? Evidence from the broadband internet expansion in Germany," Working Paper Series 2018:21, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Gürtzgen, Nicole & Nolte, André & Pohlan, Laura & van den Berg, Gerard J., 2018. "Do digital information technologies help unemployed job seekers find a job? Evidence from the broadband internet expansion in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 18-030, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Denzer, Manuel, 2018. "Does the internet increase the job finding rate? Evidence from a period of internet expansion," Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy 181557, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Fabo, B., 2017. "Towards an understanding of job matching using web data," Other publications TiSEM b8b877f2-ae6a-495f-b6cc-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Kureková, Lucia Mýtna & Beblavy, Miroslav & Thum, Anna-Elisabeth, 2014. "Using Internet Data to Analyse the Labour Market: A Methodological Enquiry," IZA Discussion Papers 8555, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Czernich, Nina, 2014. "Does broadband internet reduce the unemployment rate? Evidence for Germany," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 32-45.
More about this item
KeywordsInternet; job search; matching quality;
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ifowps:_147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifooode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.