An Economic Theory of Foreign Interventions and Regime Change
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2017. "An economic theory of foreign interventions and regime change," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(1), pages 306-339, February.
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2011. "An Economic Theory of Foreign Interventions and Regime Change," Economics Series Working Papers 549, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kreps, David M & Wilson, Robert, 1982. "Sequential Equilibria," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 863-894, July.
- Arindrajit Dube & Ethan Kaplan & Suresh Naidu, 2011. "Coups, Corporations, and Classified Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 126(3), pages 1375-1409.
- Masahiro Endoh, 2012.
"Cross-border political donations and Pareto-efficient tariffs,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development,
Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 493-512.
- Masahiro Endoh, 2005. "Cross-Border Political Donations and Pareto-Efficient Tariffs," Working Papers 915, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2007.
"War and endogenous democracy,"
POLIS Working Papers
97, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Davide Ticchi & Andrea Vindigni, 2007. "War and Endogenous Democracy," Working Papers 0715, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2007.
- Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2007. "War and Endogenous Democracy," Papers 03-10-2008b, Princeton University, Research Program in Political Economy.
- Ticchi, Davide & Vindigni, Andrea, 2008. "War and Endogenous Democracy," IZA Discussion Papers 3397, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniel Berger & William Easterly & Nathan Nunn & Shanker Satyanath, 2013.
"Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade during the Cold War,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(2), pages 863-896, April.
- Daniel Berger & William Easterly & Nathan Nunn & Shanker Satyanath, 2010. "Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade During the Cold War," NBER Working Papers 15981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berger, Daniel & Easterly, William & Nunn, Nathan & Satyanath, Shanker, 2013. "Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade during the Cold War," Scholarly Articles 11986334, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- William Easterly & Shanker Satyanath & Daniel Berger, 2008. "Superpower Interventions and their Consequences for Democracy: An Empirical Inquiry," NBER Working Papers 13992, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aidt, Toke & Albornoz, Facundo & Gassebner, Martin, 2010.
"The Golden Halo and Political Transitions,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010
48, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Toke, A.S. & Albornoz, F. & Gassebner, M., 2012. "The Golden Hello and Political Transitions," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1241, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Toke S. Aidt & Facundo Albornoz & Martin Gassebner, 2012. "The Golden Hello and Political Transitions," CESifo Working Paper Series 3957, CESifo Group Munich.
- Toke S. Aidt & Facundo Albornoz & Martin Gassebner, 2012. "The Golden Hello and Political Transitions," KOF Working papers 12-316, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Toke Aidt & Uk Hwang, 2014. "To Ban or Not to Ban: Foreign Lobbying and Cross National Externalities," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1402, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Garcia-Alonso, Maria D.C. & Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron, 2016.
"Military aid, direct intervention and counterterrorism,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 112-135.
- Maria D. C. Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron Smith, 2015. "Military Aid, Direct Intervention and Counterterrorism," Studies in Economics 1501, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Maria Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron Smith, 2015. "Military Aid, Direct Intervention and Counterterrorism," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0115, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
More about this item
Keywordsregime change; foreign interventions; economic power; economic nationalism; Cold War; Latin America;
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_3475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .