Military Aid, Direct Intervention and Counterterrorism
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Garcia-Alonso, Maria D.C. & Levine, Paul & Smith, Ron, 2016. "Military aid, direct intervention and counterterrorism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 112-135.
- Maria Garcia-Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron Smith, 2015. "Military Aid, Direct Intervention and Counterterrorism," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0115, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrew Boutton, 2014. "US foreign aid, interstate rivalry, and incentives for counterterrorism cooperation," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 51(6), pages 741-754, November.
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2017.
"An economic theory of foreign interventions and regime change,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 50(1), pages 306-339, February.
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2011. "An Economic Theory of Foreign Interventions and Regime Change," Economics Series Working Papers 549, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Roberto Bonfatti, 2011. "An Economic Theory of Foreign Interventions and Regime Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 3475, CESifo Group Munich.
- J. Paul Dunne & María D.C. García-Alonso & Paul Levine & Ron P. Smith, 2006. "Managing asymmetric conflict," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 183-208, April.
- Satya P. Das & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2014.
"Deterrence, Preemption, And Panic: A Common-Enemy Problem Of Terrorism,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(1), pages 219-238, January.
- Das, Satya P. & Roy Chowdhury, Prabal, 2008. "Deterrence, Preemption and Panic: A Common-Enemy Problem of Terrorism," MPRA Paper 8223, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Satya P. Das & Prabal Roy Chowdhury, 2008. "Deterrence, preemption and panic: A Common-enemy problem of terrorism," Indian Statistical Institute, Planning Unit, New Delhi Discussion Papers 08-04, Indian Statistical Institute, New Delhi, India.
- Idean Salehyan, 2010. "The Delegation of War to Rebel Organizations," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(3), pages 493-515, June.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996. "Contest success functions (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler, 2011.
"The Interplay Between Preemptive and Defensive Counterterrorism Measures: A Two‐stage Game,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 78(311), pages 546-564, July.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler, 2009. "The interplay between preemptive and defensive counterterrorism measures: a two-stage game," Working Papers 2008-034, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hwang, Sung-Ha, 2012.
"Technology of military conflict, military spending, and war,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 226-236.
- Sung-Ha Hwang, 2011. "Technology of military con ict, military spending, and war," Working Papers 1117, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Luis Garicano & Richard A. Posner, 2005.
"Intelligence Failures: An Organizational Economics Perspective,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 151-170, Fall.
- Garicano, Luis & Posner, Richard A., 2005. "Intelligence Failures: An Organizational Economics Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 5186, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Subhayu Bandyopadhyay & Todd Sandler & Javed Younas, 2011. "Foreign aid as counterterrorism policy," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(3), pages 423-447, July.
- Daniel Jacobson & Edward H. Kaplan, 2007. "Suicide Bombings and Targeted Killings in (Counter-) Terror Games," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 51(5), pages 772-792, October.
- Lapan, Harvey E. & Sandler, Todd, 1993. "Terrorism and signalling," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 383-397, August.
- Abigail R. Hall & Christopher J. Coyne, 2014. "The political economy of drones," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(5), pages 445-460, October.
- Navin A Bapat, 2011. "Transnational Terrorism, US Military Aid, and the Incentive to Misrepresent," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 48(3), pages 303-318, May.
- Daniel G. Arce & Todd Sandler, 2010. "Terrorist Spectaculars: Backlash Attacks and the Focus of Intelligence," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(2), pages 354-373, April.
- Bandyopadhyay, Subhayu & Sandler, Todd, 2014. "Immigration policy and counterterrorism," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 112-123.
- Brauer, Jurgen & van Tuyll, Hubert, 2008. "Castles, Battles, and Bombs," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 0, number 9780226071633, July.
- Murdoch, James C., 1995. "Military alliances: Theory and empirics," Handbook of Defense Economics,in: Keith Hartley & Todd Sandler (ed.), Handbook of Defense Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 5, pages 89-108 Elsevier.
- Todd Sandler & Kevin Siqueira, 2006. "Global terrorism: deterrence versus pre-emption," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1370-1387, November.
- Sandler, Todd & Lapan, Harvey E., 1988. "The Calculus of Dissent: An Analysis of Terrorists' Choice of Targets," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10818, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Arce, Daniel G. & Sandler, Todd, 2007. "Terrorist Signalling and the Value of Intelligence," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(04), pages 573-586, October.
More about this item
Keywordsmilitary conflict; strategic delegation; counterterrorism;
- D58 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Computable and Other Applied General Equilibrium Models
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ukc:ukcedp:1501. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tracey Girling). General contact details of provider: http://www.kent.ac.uk/economics/ .