Cyclical Risk Aversion, Precautionary Saving and Monetary Policy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bianca De Paoli & Pawel Zabczyk, 2013. "Cyclical Risk Aversion, Precautionary Saving, and Monetary Policy," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(1), pages 1-36, February.
- De Paoli, Bianca & Zabczyk, Pawel, 2011. "Cyclical risk aversion, precautionary saving and monetary policy," Bank of England working papers 418, Bank of England.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Michael Woodford, 2005.
"Inflation Stabilization And Welfare: The Case Of A Distorted Steady State,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, pages 1185-1236.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Michael Woodford, 2004. "Inflation Stabilization and Welfare: The Case of a Distorted Steady State," NBER Working Papers 10838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Woodford & Pierpaolo Benigno, 2004. "Inflation Stabilization and Welfare: The Case of a Distorted Steady State," 2004 Meeting Papers 481, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- De Paoli, Bianca & Zabczyk, Pawel, 2012.
"Why Do Risk Premia Vary Over Time? A Theoretical Investigation Under Habit Formation,"
Cambridge University Press, pages 252-266.
- De Paoli, Bianca & Zabczyk, Pawel, 2009. "Why do risk premia vary over time? A theoretical investigation under habit formation," Bank of England working papers 361, Bank of England.
- Mark Kazarosian, 1997. "Precautionary Savings-A Panel Study," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 241-247, May.
- Peter Hördahl & Oreste Tristani & David Vestin, 2008. "The Yield Curve and Macroeconomic Dynamics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(533), pages 1937-1970, November.
- Huggett, Mark & Ospina, Sandra, 2001. "Aggregate precautionary savings: when is the third derivative irrelevant?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 373-396, October.
- Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez & Jesus Fernández-Villaverde, 2005.
"Estimating dynamic equilibrium economies: linear versus nonlinear likelihood,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(7), pages 891-910.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Juan F. Rubio-Ramirez, 2004. "Estimating Dynamic Equilibrium Economies: Linear versus Nonlinear Likelihood," PIER Working Paper Archive 04-005, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Jesús Fernández-Villaverde & Juan Francisco Rubio-Ramírez, 2004. "Estimating dynamic equilibrium economies: linear versus nonlinear likelihood," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane, 1994.
"By Force of Habit: A Consumption-Based Explanation of Aggregate Stock Market Behavior,"
CRSP working papers
412, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane, 1994. "By force of habit: a consumption-based explanation of aggregate stock market behavior," Working Papers 94-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Campbell, John & Cochrane, John H., 1999. "By Force of Habit: A Consumption-Based Explanation of Aggregate Stock Market Behavior," Scholarly Articles 3119444, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & John H. Cochrane, 1995. "By Force of Habit: A Consumption-Based Explanation of Aggregate Stock Market Behavior," NBER Working Papers 4995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martin Floden, 2008.
"Aggregate Savings When Individual Income Varies,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 11(1), pages 70-82, January.
- Floden, Martin, 2005. "Aggregate Savings When Individual Income Varies," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 591, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Rudebusch, Glenn D. & Swanson, Eric T., 2008.
"Examining the bond premium puzzle with a DSGE model,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(Supplemen), pages 111-126, October.
- Glenn D. Rudebusch & Eric T. Swanson, 2008. "Examining the bond premium puzzle with a DSGE model," Working Paper Series 2007-25, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sydney C. Ludvigson & Alexander Michaelides, 2001. "Does Buffer-Stock Saving Explain the Smoothness and Excess Sensitivity of Consumption?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 631-647, June.
- Laxton, Douglas & Pesenti, Paolo & Juillard, Michel & Karam, Philippe, 2006. "Welfare-based monetary policy rules in an estimated DSGE model of the US economy," Working Paper Series 613, European Central Bank.
- Martin Møller Andreasen, 2008. "Explaining Macroeconomic and Term Structure Dynamics Jointly in a Non-linear DSGE Model," CREATES Research Papers 2008-43, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John H. Cochrane, 2016. "The Habit Habit," Economics Working Papers 16105, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Bonciani, Dario, 2014. "Uncertainty shocks: it's a matter of habit," MPRA Paper 59370, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Łukasz Rawdanowicz & Romain Bouis & Kei-Ichiro Inaba & Ane Kathrine Christensen, 2014. "Secular Stagnation: Evidence and Implications for Economic Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1169, OECD Publishing.
- Seneca, Martin, 2016. "Risk shocks close to the zero lower bound," Bank of England working papers 606, Bank of England.
- Hatcher, Michael, 2013.
"The Inflation Risk Premium on Government Debt in an Overlapping Generations Model,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2013-81, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Michael Hatcher, 2013. "The inflation risk premium on government debt in an overlapping generations model," Working Papers 2013_17, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- James D. Hamilton & Ethan S. Harris & Jan Hatzius & Kenneth D. West, 2016.
"The Equilibrium Real Funds Rate: Past, Present, and Future,"
IMF Economic Review,
Palgrave Macmillan;International Monetary Fund, vol. 64(4), pages 660-707, November.
- James D. Hamilton & Ethan S. Harris & Jan Hatzius & Kenneth D. West, 2015. "The Equilibrium Real Funds Rate: Past, Present and Future," NBER Working Papers 21476, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bingbing Dong, 2014. "Asset Pricing and Monetary Policy," 2014 Meeting Papers 881, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hatcher, Michael, 2011. "Time-varying volatility, precautionary saving and monetary policy," Bank of England working papers 440, Bank of England.
- repec:oup:revfin:v:21:y:2017:i:3:p:945-985. is not listed on IDEAS
- Andersson, Magnus & D'Agostino, Antonello & de Bondt, Gabe & Roma, Moreno, 2011. "The predictive content of sectoral stock prices: a US-euro area comparison," Working Paper Series 1343, European Central Bank.
- John H. Cochrane, 2017. "Macro-Finance," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 945-985.
More about this item
Keywordsprecautionary saving; monetary policy; cyclical risk aversion; macro-finance; non-linearities;
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2012-03-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2012-03-14 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2012-03-14 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:cepdps:dp1132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP .