Pockets of risk in European Housing Markets: then and now
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kinghan, Christina & Lyons, Paul & McCarthy, Yvonne & O'Toole, Conor, 2017. "Macroprudential Measures and Irish Mortgage Lending: An Overview of Lending in 2016," Economic Letters 06/EL/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Coates, Dermot & Lydon, Reamonn & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2015. "House price volatility: The role of different buyer types," Economic Letters 02/EL/15, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Lydon, Reamonn & McCann, Fergal, 2017. "The income distribution and the Irish mortgage market," Economic Letters 05/EL/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Kelly, Robert & O’Malley, Terence, 2016. "The good, the bad and the impaired: A credit risk model of the Irish mortgage market," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-9.
- Luísa Farinha & Sónia Costa, 2012. "Households’ indebtedness: a microeconomic analysis based on the results of the households’ financial," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Tullio Jappelli & Jörn-Steffen Pischke & Nicholas S. Souleles, 1998.
"Testing For Liquidity Constraints In Euler Equations With Complementary Data Sources,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 251-262, May.
- T. Jappelli & J-S Pischke & N.S. Souleles, 1995. "Testing for Liquidity Constraints in Euler Equations with Complementary Data Sources," Working papers 95-19, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pischke, Jörn-Steffen & Souleles, Nicholas, 1995. "Testing for Liquidity Constraints in Euler Equations with Complementary Data Sources," CEPR Discussion Papers 1138, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peltonen, Tuomas A. & Gross, Marco & Behn, Markus, 2016.
"Assessing the costs and benefits of capital-based macroprudential policy,"
Working Paper Series
1935, European Central Bank.
- Markus Behn & Marco Gross & Tuomas Peltonen, 2016. "Assessing the costs and benefits of capital-based macroprudential policy," ESRB Working Paper Series 17, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Kinghan, Christina & Lyons, Paul & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2017. "Macroprudential Measures and Irish Mortgage Lending: Insights from H1 2017," Economic Letters 13/EL/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Ampudia, Miguel & Pavlickova, Akmaral & Slacalek, Jiri & Vogel, Edgar, 2016.
"Household heterogeneity in the euro area since the onset of the Great Recession,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 181-197.
- Slacalek, Jiri & Vogel, Edgar & Ampudia, Miguel & Pavlickova, Akmaral, 2014. "Household heterogeneity in the euro area since the onset of the great recession," Working Paper Series 1705, European Central Bank.
- Crowe, Christopher & Dell’Ariccia, Giovanni & Igan, Deniz & Rabanal, Pau, 2013.
"How to deal with real estate booms: Lessons from country experiences,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 300-319.
- Pau Rabanal & Christopher W. Crowe & Giovanni Dell'Ariccia & Deniz O Igan, 2011. "How to Deal with Real Estate Booms; Lessons from Country Experiences," IMF Working Papers 2011/091, International Monetary Fund.
- Philipp Hartmann, 2015. "Real Estate Markets and Macroprudential Policy in Europe," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 47(S1), pages 69-80, March.
- Cussen, Mary & O'Brien, Martin & Onorante, Luca & O'Reilly, Gerard, 2015. "Assessing the impact of macroprudential measures," Economic Letters 03/EL/15, Central Bank of Ireland.
- repec:fth:pennfi:69 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ricardo Reis, 2013.
"The Portugese Slump and Crash and the Euro Crisis,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 44(1 (Spring), pages 143-210.
- Reis, Ricardo, 2013. "The Portuguese Slump and Crash and the Euro Crisis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9591, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ricardo Reis, 2013. "The Portuguese Slump and Crash and the Euro Crisis," NBER Working Papers 19288, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stijn Claessens, 2015. "An Overview of Macroprudential Policy Tools," Annual Review of Financial Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 397-422, December.
- Olivier Blanchard, 2007. "Adjustment within the euro. The difficult case of Portugal," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 6(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Nicolas Albacete & Judith Eidenberger & Gerald Krenn & Peter Lindner & Michael Sigmund, 2014. "Risk-Bearing Capacity of Households – Linking Micro-Level Data to the Macroprudential Toolkit," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 27, pages 95-110.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose & Marco E. Terrones, 2009.
"What happens during recessions, crunches and busts?,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 24, pages 653-700, October.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan & Terrones, Marco E, 2008. "What Happens During Recessions, Crunches and Busts?," CEPR Discussion Papers 7085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Terrones & Ayhan Kose & Stijn Claessens, 2008. "What Happens During Recessions, Crunches and Busts?," IMF Working Papers 08/274, International Monetary Fund.
- Nicolas Albacete & Pirmin Fessler & Peter Lindner, 2016. "The distribution of residential property price changes across homeowners and its implications for financial stability in Austria," Financial Stability Report, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 31, pages 62-81.
- Le Blanc, Julia, 2016. "Household Saving Behaviour in Ireland," Economic Letters 05/EL/16, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Cerutti, Eugenio & Claessens, Stijn & Laeven, Luc, 2017.
"The use and effectiveness of macroprudential policies: New evidence,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 203-224.
- Eugenio M Cerutti & Stijn Claessens & Luc Laeven, 2015. "The Use and Effectiveness of Macroprudential Policies; New Evidence," IMF Working Papers 15/61, International Monetary Fund.
- Byrne, David & Kelly, Robert & O'Toole, Conor, 2017. "How does monetary policy pass-through affect mortgage default? Evidence from the Irish mortgage market," Research Technical Papers 04/RT/17, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Hartmann, Philipp, 2015. "Real estate markets and macroprudential policy in Europe," Working Paper Series 1796, European Central Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Orsetta Causa & Nicolas Woloszko & David Leite, 2020. "Housing, Wealth Accumulation and Wealth Distribution: Evidence and Stylized Facts," LWS Working papers 30, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
More about this item
Keywordsreal estate markets; macroprudential policy; systemic risk; financial crises; bubbles; financial regulation; financial stability indicators.;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- R39 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2018-12-10 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2018-12-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2018-12-10 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2018-12-10 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbi:wpaper:12/rt/18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fiona Farrelly). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbigvie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.