The Good, The Bad and The Impaired - A Credit Risk Model of the Irish Mortgage Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kelly, Robert & O’Malley, Terence, 2016. "The good, the bad and the impaired: A credit risk model of the Irish mortgage market," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 1-9.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bajari & Chenghuan Sean Chu & Minjung Park, 2008. "An Empirical Model of Subprime Mortgage Default From 2000 to 2007," NBER Working Papers 14625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Betancourt, Luis, 1999. "Using Markov Chains to Estimate Losses from a Portfolio of Mortgages," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 303-317, May.
- Kennedy, Gerard & McIndoe-Calder, Tara, 2012.
"The Irish Mortgage Market: Stylised Facts, Negative Equity and Arrears,"
Quarterly Bulletin Articles,
Central Bank of Ireland, pages 85-108, February.
- Kennedy, Gerard & McIndoe Calder, Tara, 2011. "The Irish Mortgage Market: Stylised Facts, Negative Equity and Arrears," Research Technical Papers 12/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Bharath, Sreedhar T. & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "Does industry-wide distress affect defaulted firms? Evidence from creditor recoveries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 787-821, September.
- Jafry, Yusuf & Schuermann, Til, 2004. "Measurement, estimation and comparison of credit migration matrices," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 2603-2639, November.
- Foote, Christopher L. & Gerardi, Kristopher & Willen, Paul S., 2008.
"Negative equity and foreclosure: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 234-245, September.
- Christopher L. Foote & Kristopher S. Gerardi & Paul S. Willen, 2008. "Negative equity and foreclosure: theory and evidence," Public Policy Discussion Paper 08-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Ronel Elul & Nicholas S. Souleles & Souphala Chomsisengphet & Dennis Glennon & Robert Hunt, 2010. "What "Triggers" Mortgage Default?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(2), pages 490-494, May.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2010.
"Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7986, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions," Economics Series Working Papers 499, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2010. "Modelling and forecasting UK mortgage arrears and possessions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58520, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions," SERC Discussion Papers 0052, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- McCarthy, Yvonne, 2014. "Dis-entangling the mortgage arrears crisis: The rolw of the labour market, income volatility and housing equity," Research Technical Papers 02/RT/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Hallissey, Niamh & Kelly, Robert & O'Malley, Terry, 2014. "Macro-prudential Tools and Credit Risk of Property Lending at Irish banks," Economic Letters 10/EL/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Gerardi, Kristopher & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2013.
"Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2013-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, revised 01 Jun 2017.
- Gerardi, Kristopher S. & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2015. "Can't pay or won't pay?: unemployment, negative equity, and strategic default," Working Papers 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Kyle F. Herkenhoff & Lee E. Ohanian & Paul S. Willen, 2015. "Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default," NBER Working Papers 21630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reamonn Lyndon & Yvonne McCarthy, 2013.
"What Lies Beneath? Understanding Recent Trends in Irish Mortgage Arrears,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(1), pages 117-150.
- Lydon, Reamonn & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2011. "What Lies Beneath? Understanding Recent Trends in Irish Mortgage Arrears," Research Technical Papers 14/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Christopher Mayer & Karen Pence & Shane M. Sherlund, 2009. "The Rise in Mortgage Defaults," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 27-50, Winter.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Eduardo S. Schwartz & Walter N. Torous, 1993. "Mortgage Prepayment and Default Decisions: A Poisson Regression Approach," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 431-449.
- Jackson, Christopher, 2011. "Multi-State Models for Panel Data: The msm Package for R," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 38(i08).
- Yvonne McCarthy & Kieran McQuinn, 2011. "How Are Irish Households Coping with their Mortgage Repayments? Information from the Survey on Income and Living Conditions," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 42(1), pages 71-94.
- R. M. Cyert & H. J. Davidson & G. L. Thompson, 1962. "Estimation of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts by Markov Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 287-303, April.
- Kau, James B, et al, 1992. "A Generalized Valuation Model for Fixed-Rate Residential Mortgages," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 279-299, August.
More about this item
KeywordsProbability of Default; Mortgages; Irish Banking System;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-12-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2011-12-13 (Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2011-12-13 (Risk Management)
- NEP-URE-2011-12-13 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbi:wpaper:13/rt/11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fiona Farrelly). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbigvie.html .