A Transitions-Based Model of Default for Irish Mortgages
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Bajari & Chenghuan Sean Chu & Minjung Park, 2008. "An Empirical Model of Subprime Mortgage Default From 2000 to 2007," NBER Working Papers 14625, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kennedy, Gerard & McIndoe-Calder, Tara, 2012.
"The Irish Mortgage Market: Stylised Facts, Negative Equity and Arrears,"
Quarterly Bulletin Articles,
Central Bank of Ireland, pages 85-108, February.
- Kennedy, Gerard & McIndoe Calder, Tara, 2011. "The Irish Mortgage Market: Stylised Facts, Negative Equity and Arrears," Research Technical Papers 12/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Acharya, Viral V. & Bharath, Sreedhar T. & Srinivasan, Anand, 2007. "Does industry-wide distress affect defaulted firms? Evidence from creditor recoveries," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 787-821, September.
- Foote, Christopher L. & Gerardi, Kristopher & Willen, Paul S., 2008.
"Negative equity and foreclosure: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 234-245, September.
- Christopher L. Foote & Kristopher S. Gerardi & Paul S. Willen, 2008. "Negative equity and foreclosure: theory and evidence," Public Policy Discussion Paper 08-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2010.
"Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7986, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions," Economics Series Working Papers 499, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2010. "Modelling and forecasting UK mortgage arrears and possessions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58520, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2010. "Modelling and Forecasting UK Mortgage Arrears and Possessions," SERC Discussion Papers 0052, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Hallissey, Niamh & Kelly, Robert & O'Malley, Terry, 2014. "Macro-prudential Tools and Credit Risk of Property Lending at Irish banks," Economic Letters 10/EL/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Gerardi, Kristopher & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2013.
"Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2013-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, revised 01 Jun 2017.
- Gerardi, Kristopher S. & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2015. "Can't pay or won't pay?: unemployment, negative equity, and strategic default," Working Papers 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Kyle F. Herkenhoff & Lee E. Ohanian & Paul S. Willen, 2015. "Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default," NBER Working Papers 21630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reamonn Lyndon & Yvonne McCarthy, 2013.
"What Lies Beneath? Understanding Recent Trends in Irish Mortgage Arrears,"
The Economic and Social Review,
Economic and Social Studies, vol. 44(1), pages 117-150.
- Lydon, Reamonn & McCarthy, Yvonne, 2011. "What Lies Beneath? Understanding Recent Trends in Irish Mortgage Arrears," Research Technical Papers 14/RT/11, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Christopher Mayer & Karen Pence & Shane M. Sherlund, 2009. "The Rise in Mortgage Defaults," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 23(1), pages 27-50, Winter.
- Lando, David & Skodeberg, Torben M., 2002. "Analyzing rating transitions and rating drift with continuous observations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(2-3), pages 423-444, March.
- Edward I. Altman & Brooks Brady & Andrea Resti & Andrea Sironi, 2005. "The Link between Default and Recovery Rates: Theory, Empirical Evidence, and Implications," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2203-2228, November.
- Eduardo S. Schwartz & Walter N. Torous, 1993. "Mortgage Prepayment and Default Decisions: A Poisson Regression Approach," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 21(4), pages 431-449.
- R. M. Cyert & H. J. Davidson & G. L. Thompson, 1962. "Estimation of the Allowance for Doubtful Accounts by Markov Chains," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(3), pages 287-303, April.
- Kau, James B, et al, 1992. "A Generalized Valuation Model for Fixed-Rate Residential Mortgages," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 24(3), pages 279-299, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kelly, Robert & McCann, Fergal, 2015. "Households in long-term mortgage arrears:lessons from economic research," Economic Letters 11/EL/15, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Gaffney, Edward & Kelly, Robert & McCann, Fergal & Lyons, Paul, 2014. "Loan loss forecasting: a methodological overview," Economic Letters 13/EL/14, Central Bank of Ireland.
More about this item
KeywordsMortgage Default Modelling; Irish Banks; ECB Comprehensive Assessment.;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-RMG-2015-01-03 (Risk Management)
- NEP-URE-2015-01-03 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbi:wpaper:17/rt/14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fiona Farrelly). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cbigvie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.