The Triple Trigger? Negative Equity, Income Shocks and Institutions as Determinants of Mortgage Default
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kroot, Jan & Giouvris, Evangelos, 2016. "Dutch mortgages: Impact of the crisis on probability of default," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 205-217.
- Gerardi, Kristopher & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2013.
"Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default,"
FRB Atlanta Working Paper
2013-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, revised 01 Jun 2017.
- Gerardi, Kristopher S. & Herkenhoff, Kyle F. & Ohanian, Lee E. & Willen, Paul S., 2015. "Can't pay or won't pay?: unemployment, negative equity, and strategic default," Working Papers 15-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Kyle F. Herkenhoff & Lee E. Ohanian & Paul S. Willen, 2015. "Can't Pay or Won't Pay? Unemployment, Negative Equity, and Strategic Default," NBER Working Papers 21630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30758219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2011.
"Modelling and forecasting with county court data: regional mortgage possession claims and orders in England and Wales,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
33580, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2011. "Modelling and Forecasting with County Court Data: Regional Mortgage Possession Claims and Orders in England and Wales," SERC Discussion Papers 0070, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Lambrecht, Bart M & Perraudin, William R M & Satchell, Steven, 2003. " Mortgage Default and Possession under Recourse: A Competing Hazards Approach," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 425-442, June.
- Sónia Costa, 2012. "Households’ Default Probability: An Analysis Based on the Results of the HFCS," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- John Y. Campbell & João F. Cocco, 2015. "A Model of Mortgage Default," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 70(4), pages 1495-1554, August.
- Kelly, Robert & O'Malley, Terence & O'Toole, Conor, 2015. "Designing Macro-prudential Policy in Mortgage Lending: Do First Time Buyers Default Less?," Research Technical Papers 02/RT/15, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Kelly, Robert & McCann, Fergal, 2016.
"Some defaults are deeper than others: Understanding long-term mortgage arrears,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 15-27.
- Kelly, Robert & McCann, Fergal, 2015. "Some defaults are deeper than others: Understanding long-term mortgage arrears," Research Technical Papers 05/RT/15, Central Bank of Ireland.
More about this item
Keywordsmortgage default; negative equity; double trigger; European Union.;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D04 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Microeconomic Policy: Formulation; Implementation; Evaluation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-08-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2018-08-27 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-MAC-2018-08-27 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2018-08-27 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tcd:tcduee:tep0718. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patricia Hughes). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/detcdie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.