Productivity versus welfare: or, GDP versus Weitzman's NDP
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Nicholas Oulton, 2004. "Productivity Versus Welfare; Or GDP Versus Weitzman's NDP," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 50(3), pages 329-355, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2001.
"Must the Growth Rate Decline? Baumol's Unbalanced Growth Revisited,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(4), pages 605-627, October.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2000. "Must the growth rate decline? Baumol's unbalanced growth revisited," Bank of England working papers 107, Bank of England.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000.
"Raising the Speed Limit: U.S. Economic Growth in the Information Age,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 125-236.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000. "Raising the Speed Limit: US Economic Growth in the Information Age," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 261, OECD Publishing.
- MartinNeil Baily & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2001. "Do We Have a New E-conomy?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 308-312, May.
- Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G., 2002. "Aggregate productivity and aggregate technology," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 963-991, June.
- Bradford, David F, 1990. "Extended Accounts for National Income and Product: Comment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 1183-1186, September.
- Michael R. Pakko, 2002.
"What Happens When the Technology Growth Trend Changes?: Transition Dynamics, Capital Growth and the 'New Economy',"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 5(2), pages 376-407, April.
- Michael R. Pakko, 2001. "What happens when the technology growth trend changes?: transition dynamics, capital growth and the "new economy"," Working Papers 2001-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- John Forth, 2001. "The low-paid worker and the low-paying employer: characterisations using WERS98," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 179, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Diewert, W Erwin, 1982. "Multilateral Comparisons of Output, Input, and Productivity Using Superlative Index Numbers," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(365), pages 73-86, March.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Krusell, Per, 1997.
"Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 87(3), pages 342-362, June.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1995. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9510, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1996. "Long-Run Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," RCER Working Papers 420, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Whelan, Karl, 2003.
" A Two-Sector Approach to Modeling U.S. NIPA Data,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(4), pages 627-656, August.
- Karl Whelan, 2001. "A two-sector approach to modeling U.S. NIPA data," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-04, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Karl Whelan, 2003. "A two-sector approach to modeling U.S. NIPA data," Open Access publications 10197/203, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1976.
"On the Welfare Significance of National Product in a Dynamic Economy,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 90(1), pages 156-162.
- M. L. Weitzman, 1974. "On the Welfare Significance of National Product in Dynamic Economy," Working papers 125, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Heal, G., 1998. "Valuing the Future: Economic Theory and Sustainability," Papers 98-10, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Hasan Bakhshi & Jens Larsen, 2001. "Investment-specific technological progress in the United Kingdom," Bank of England working papers 129, Bank of England.
- John Kay, 2001. "What became of the New Economy?," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 177(1), pages 56-69, July.
- Martin L Weitzman, 1999.
"A Contribution to the Theory of Welfare Comparisons,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1864, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1999. "A Contribution to the Theory of Welfare Comparisons," NBER Working Papers 6988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sefton, J. A. & Weale, M. R., 1996. "The net national product and exhaustible resources: The effects of foreign trade," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 21-47, July.
- Weitzman, Martin L, 1997. " Sustainability and Technical Progress," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Wykoff, Frank C., 1981. "The estimation of economic depreciation using vintage asset prices : An application of the Box-Cox power transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 367-396, April.
- Hicks, J. R., 1975. "Value and Capital: An Inquiry into some Fundamental Principles of Economic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780198282693.
- Scott, Maurice, 1990. "Extended Accounts for National Income and Product: A Comment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(3), pages 1172-1179, September.
- Fisher,Franklin M. & Shell,Karl, 1998. "Economic Analysis of Production Price Indexes," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521556231, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2004.
"A statistical framework for the analysis of productivity and sustainable development,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
19963, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2004. "A Statistical Framework for the Analysis of Productivity and Sustainable Development," CEP Discussion Papers dp0629, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Erumban, Abdul Azeez, 2006. "Lifetimes of Machinery and Equipment. Evidence from Dutch Manufacturing," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-87, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2003. "Capital stocks, capital services, and depreciation: an integrated framework," Bank of England working papers 192, Bank of England.
- Jorge Durán & Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch, 2006. "Sobre la medición del crecimiento económico en presencia de progreso técnico incorporado," Working Papers 2006-24, FEDEA.
- Voxi Heinrich S. Amavilah, 2005. "The National Wealth of Selected Countries - A Descriptive Essay," Development and Comp Systems 0508007, EconWPA.
- Oulton, Nicholas, 2007.
"Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1290-1299, May.
- Nicholas Oulton, 2004. "Investment-specific technological change and growth accounting," Bank of England working papers 213, Bank of England.
- Oulton, Nicholas & Wallis, Gavin, 2016.
"Capital stocks and capital services: Integrated and consistent estimates for the United Kingdom, 1950–2013,"
Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 117-125.
- Oulton, Nicholas & Wallis, Gavin, 2016. "Capital stocks and capital services: integrated and consistent estimates for the United Kingdom, 1950–2013," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 65300, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Iain Clacher, 2010. "National accounting for intangible assets in the knowledge economy," Journal of Financial Regulation and Compliance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 18(2), pages 106-119, May.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-87 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .