Testing heterogeneity within the euro area
This note estimates several constrained versions of an optimization-based multi-country model to test the sources of heterogeneity within the euro area. We show that the main source is the asymmetry of shocks affecting the economies and that the heterogeneity of behaviors does not seem to be of empirical relevance for the euro area.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.banque-france.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angeloni, Ignazio & Ehrmann, Michael, 2003. "Monetary policy transmission in the euro area: any changes after EMU?," Working Paper Series 0240, European Central Bank.
- Nicoletta Batini & Paul Levine & Joseph Pearlman, 2004.
"Indeterminacy with inflation-forecast-based rules in a two-bloc model,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
797, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- N. Batini & P. Levine & J. Pearlman, 2003. "Indeterminacy with inflation-forecast-cased rules in a two-bloc model," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Batini, Nicoletta & Levine, Paul & Pearlman, Joseph G., 2004. "Indeterminacy with inflation-forecast-based rules in a two-bloc model," Working Paper Series 0340, European Central Bank.
- Nicoletta Batini & Paul Levine & Joseph Pearlman, 2004. "Indeterminacy with Inflation-Forecast-Based Rules in a Two-Bloc Model," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0204, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2008.
"Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-Country Heterogeneity,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(2), pages 23-72, June.
- Jondeau, E. & Sahuc, J-G., 2006. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity," Working papers 141, Banque de France.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2004. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity," Documents de recherche 04-13, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Bastiaan A. Verhoef, 2003. "The (A)Symmetry of shocks in the EMU," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 106, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Campa, Jose Manuel & Gonzalez Minguez, Jose M., 2006.
"Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 121-145, January.
- Campa, José Manuel & González Mìnguez, Jose Manuel, 2004. "Differences in Exchange Rate Pass-Through in the Euro Area," CEPR Discussion Papers 4389, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Campa, Jose M. & Gonzalez, Jose M., 2002. "Differences in exchange rate pass-through in the euro area," IESE Research Papers D/479, IESE Business School.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2002.
"An estimated dynamic stochastic general equilibrium model of the euro area,"
Working Paper Research
35, National Bank of Belgium.
- Frank Smets & Raf Wouters, 2003. "An Estimated Dynamic Stochastic General Equilibrium Model of the Euro Area," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(5), pages 1123-1175, 09.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hallett, Andrew Hughes, 1998. "Asymmetric transmission mechanisms and the rise in European unemployment: A case of structural differences or of policy failures?," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 869-886, June.
- Frank Schorfheide, 2000. "Loss function-based evaluation of DSGE models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 645-670.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.