Asymmetric transmission mechanisms and the rise in European unemployment: A case of structural differences or of policy failures?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Douglas Laxton & Guy Meredith & David Rose, 1995.
"Asymmetric Effects of Economic Activity on Inflation: Evidence and Policy Implications,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 344-374, June.
- Douglas Laxton & Guy M Meredith & David Rose, 1994. "Asymmetric Effects of Economic Activityon Inflation; Evidence and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 94/139, International Monetary Fund.
- Bleaney, Michael & Mizen, Paul, 1997.
"Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(445), pages 1751-1767, November.
- M. F. Bleaney & Paul Mizen,, "undated". "Credibility and Disinflation in the European Monetary System," Discussion Papers 95/4, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Douglas Laxton & Peter B. Clark & David Rose, 1995. "Asymmetry in the U.S. Output-Inflation Nexus; Issues and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 95/76, International Monetary Fund.
- Brechling, Frank, 1973. "Wage Inflation and the Structure of Regional Unemployment," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 5(1), pages 355-379, Part II F.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Lawrence F. Katz, 1992. "Regional Evolutions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 23(1), pages 1-76.
- Michael BURDA & Antje MERTENS, 1994.
"Locational Competition versus Cooperation in Labor Markets: An Implicit Contract Reinterpretation,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
1994,32, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Burda, Michael C & Mertens, Antje, 1994. "Locational Competition versus Cooperation in Labour Markets: An Implicit Contract Reinterpretation," CEPR Discussion Papers 1020, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew, 1995. "On Measuring the Costs of Labour Immobility and Market Heterogeneity in Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 1189, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bean, Charles R., 1994. "European unemployment: A retrospective," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 523-534, April.
- Alogoskoufis, George S & Smith, Ron, 1991. "The Phillips Curve, the Persistence of Inflation, and the Lucas Critique: Evidence from Exchange-Rate Regimes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1254-1275, December.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hughes Hallett, 1996. "Regional Inequalities and the Business Cycle: An Explanation of the Rise in European Unemployment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 15-29.
- Cross,Rod Preface by-Name:Blanchard,Olivier (ed.), 1995. "The Natural Rate of Unemployment," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521483308, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2008.
"Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-Country Heterogeneity,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 4(2), pages 23-72, June.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2004. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity," Documents de recherche 04-13, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Jondeau, E. & Sahuc, J-G., 2006. "Optimal Monetary Policy in an Estimated DSGE Model of the Euro Area with Cross-country Heterogeneity," Working papers 141, Banque de France.
- Eric Jondeau & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2005. "Testing Heterogeneity within the Euro Area Using a Structural Multi-Country Model," Documents de recherche 05-06, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- BIKAI, J. Landry & KENKOUO, Guy Albert, 2015. "Analysis and evaluation of the Monetary Policy Transmission Channels in the CEMAC: A SVAR and SPVAR Approaches," MPRA Paper 78227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bas Van Aarle & Jacob Engwerda & Joseph Plasmans & Arie Weeren, 2001.
"Macroeconomic Policy Interaction under EMU: A Dynamic Game Approach,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 29-60, January.
- van Aarle, B. & Engwerda, J.C. & Plasmans, J.E.J. & Weeren, A.J.T.M., 2001. "Macroeconomic policy interaction under EMU : A dynamic game approach," Other publications TiSEM 2ce7e28d-97f5-4b29-b1d2-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- M. Demertzis & A. Hughes Hallett, 2000.
"Wage Inflation and the Distribution of Output Gaps in Europe: Insiders vs. Outsiders,"
WO Research Memoranda (discontinued)
631, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- M. Demertzis & A.J. Huges Hallett, 2001. "Wage Inflation and the Distribution of Output Gaps in Europe: Insidersvs. Outsiders," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 59, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Herzog, Bodo, 2006. "Coordination of fiscal and monetary policy in CIS-countries: A theory of optimum fiscal area?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 256-274, June.
- Demertzis, Maria & Hughes Hallett, Andrew & Schermer, Nicolien, 2009.
"Europeanization or globalization? Transnational wage bargaining and the distribution of activity in European labor markets,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 177-192, August.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hughes Hallett & Nicolien Schermer, 2008. "Europeanization or Globalization? Transnational Wage Bargaining and the Distribution of Activity in European Labor Markets," DNB Working Papers 186, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jondeau, Eric & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2008. "Testing heterogeneity within the euro area," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 192-196, April.
- Andrew Hughes Hallett, 2008. "Coordination without Explicit Cooperation: Monetary-Fiscal Interactions in an Era of Demographic Change," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 305, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Semmler, Willi & Gross, Marco, 2017. "Mind the output gap: the disconnect of growth and inflation during recessions and convex Phillips curves in the euro area," Working Paper Series 2004, European Central Bank.
- Alvaro Aguiar & Manuel Martins, 2005. "Testing the significance and the non-linearity of the Phillips trade-off in the Euro Area," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 665-691, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:dyncon:v:22:y:1998:i:6:p:869-886. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jedc .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.