Trade openness and international fragmentation of production in the European Union: the new divide?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paolo Guerrieri & Filippo Vergara Caffarelli, 2012. "Trade Openness and International Fragmentation of Production in the European Union: The New Divide?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 535-551, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Beverly Lapham & Hiroyuki Kasahara, 2005.
"Import Protection as Export Destruction,"
2005 Meeting Papers
528, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Beverly Lapham, 2006. "Import Protection as Export Destruction," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20062, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Hiroyuki Kasahara & Beverly Lapham, 2006. "Import Protection as Export Destruction," Working Papers 1064, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Amiti, Mary, 2005.
"Location of vertically linked industries: agglomeration versus comparative advantage,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 809-832, May.
- Amiti, Mary, 2001. "Location of Vertically Linked Industries: Agglomeration versus Comparative Advantage," CEPR Discussion Papers 2800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998.
"International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Maria Bas & Vanessa Strauss-Kahn, 2014.
"Does importing more inputs raise exports? Firm-level evidence from France,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 150(2), pages 241-275, May.
- Bas, Maria & Strauss-Kahn, Vanessa, 2010. "Does importing more inputs raise exports? Firm level evidence from France," MPRA Paper 27315, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Bas & Vanessa Strauss-Kahn, 2011. "Does Importing more Inputs Raise Exports? Firm Level Evidence from France," Working Papers 2011-15, CEPII research center.
- Luca De Benedictis & Lucia Tajoli, 2008. "Similarity in trade structures, integration and catching-up," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 16(2), pages 165-182, April.
- Emanuele Breda & Rita Cappariello & Roberta Zizza, 2007.
"Vertical Specialisation in Europe: Evidence from the Import Content of Exports,"
Rivista di Politica Economica,
SIPI Spa, vol. 97(3), pages 189-189, May-June.
- Emanuele Breda & Rita Cappariello & Roberta Zizza, 2008. "Vertical specialisation in Europe: Evidence from the import content of exports," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 682, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Arndt, Sven W. & Kierzkowski, Henryk (ed.), 2001. "Fragmentation: New Production Patterns in the World Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199243310, June.
- Judith M. Dean & K. C. Fung & Zhi Wang, 2011. "Measuring Vertical Specialization: The Case of China," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 609-625, September.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Smith, Ron, 1995.
"Estimating long-run relationships from dynamic heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 79-113, July.
- Pesaran, M.H. & Smith, R., 1992. "Estimating Long-Run Relationships From Dynamic Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9215, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kaminski, Bartlomiej & Ng, Francis, 2005. "Production disintegration and integration of Central Europe into global markets," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 377-390.
- Frederick L Joutz & Stephan Danninger, 2007.
"What Explains Germany’s Rebounding Export Market Share?,"
IMF Working Papers
07/24, International Monetary Fund.
- Stephan Danninger & Fred Joutz, 2007. "What Explains Germanyâ€™s Rebounding Export Market Share?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1957, CESifo Group Munich.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magdalena Olczyk & Aleksandra Kordalska, 2017.
"Gross Exports Versus Value-Added Exports: Determinants and Policy Implications for Manufacturing Sectors in Selected CEE Countries,"
Eastern European Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(1), pages 91-109, January.
- Magdalena Olczyk & Aleksandra Kordalska, 2016. "Gross Exports Versus Value Added Exports: Determinants And Policy Implications For Manufacturing Sectors In Selected Cee Countries," GUT FME Working Paper Series A 40, Faculty of Management and Economics, Gdansk University of Technology.
- Jan Hagemejer & Joanna Tyrowicz, 2017. "Upstreamness of employment and global financial crisis in Poland: the role of position in the global value chains," GRAPE Working Papers 15, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Keppel, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2015.
"How interdependent are Eastern European economies and the Euro area?,"
The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 18-31.
- Prettner, Catherine & Prettner, Klaus, 2014. "How interdependent are Eastern European economies and the Euro area?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 187, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Luigi Bonatti & Andrea Fracasso, 2013. "The German Model and the European Crisis," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(6), pages 1023-1039, November.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational fragmentation of production; trade openness; export performance; European Union;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2012-03-21 (European Economics)
- NEP-INT-2012-03-21 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_855_12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .