International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998. "International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
References listed on IDEAS
- Patel, Parimal & Pavitt, Keith, 1994. "The continuing, widespread (and neglected) importance of improvements in mechanical technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 533-545, September.
- Bianchi, Patrizio & Bellini, Nicola, 1991. "Public policies for local networks of innovators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 487-497, October.
- Utterback, James M & Abernathy, William J, 1975. "A dynamic model of process and product innovation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 3(6), pages 639-656, December.
- Svein Olav Nås, "undated". "How innovative is Norwegian industry? An international comparison," STEP Report series 199602, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Langlois, Richard N., 1992. "External Economies and Economic Progress: The Case of the Microcomputer Industry," Business History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 66(01), pages 1-50, March.
- Teubal, Morris, 1996. "R&D and technology policy in NICs as learning processes," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 449-460, March.
- Teubal, Morris, 1997. "A catalytic and evolutionary approach to horizontal technology policies (HTPs)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1161-1188, January.
- Alessandra Colecchia & George Papaconstantinou, 1996. "The Evolution of Skills in OECD Countries and the Role of Technology," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 1996/8, OECD Publishing.
- Teubal, Morris & Yinnon, Tamar & Zuscovitch, Ehud, 1991. "Networks and market creation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 381-392, October.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Rolf Weder & Herbert Grubel, 1993. "The New Growth Theory and Coasean economics: Institutions to capture externalities," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 488-513, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carl Bonham & Byron Gangnes & Ari Van Assche, 2007.
"Fragmentation and East Asia's information technology trade,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 215-228.
- Carl Bonham & Byron Gangnes & Ari Van Assche, 2004. "Fragmentation and East Asia’s Information Technology Trade," Working Papers 200409, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Suder, Gabriele & Liesch, Peter W. & Inomata, Satoshi & Mihailova, Irina & Meng, Bo, 2015. "The evolving geography of production hubs and regional value chains across East Asia: Trade in value-added," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 404-416.
- repec:spr:manint:v:54:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11575-013-0195-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Guerrieri & Filippo Vergara Caffarelli, 2012.
"Trade Openness and International Fragmentation of Production in the European Union: The New Divide?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 535-551, August.
- Paolo Guerrieri & Filippo Vergara Caffarelli, 2012. "Trade openness and international fragmentation of production in the European Union: the new divide?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 855, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Chao-Tung Wen & Jun-Ming Chen, 2014. "Taiwan: linkage-based Clusters of Innovation – the case of Taiwan’s IT industry," Chapters,in: Global Clusters of Innovation, chapter 9, pages 222-246 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Banji O. Oyeyinka, 2012. "Institutional capacity and policy for latecomer technology development," International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(1/2), pages 83-110.
- Fromhold-Eisebith Martina & Eisebith Günter, 2003. "Globale Krise – regionale Gewinner?," Zeitschrift für Wirtschaftsgeographie, De Gruyter, vol. 47(1), pages 82-96, October.
- Dieter Ernst, 2001. "The Internet's Effects on Global Production Networks: Challenges and Opportunities for Managing in Developing Asia," Economics Study Area Working Papers 33, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Placing the Networks on the Web: Challenges and Opportunities for Managing in Developing Asia," Economics Study Area Working Papers 05, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Kuwamori, Hiroshi & Okamoto, Nobuhiro, 2007. "Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region," IDE Discussion Papers 110, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Imai, Ken'ichi & Shiu, Jingming, 2007. "A Divergent Path of Industrial Upgrading: Emergence and Evolution of the Mobile Handset Industry in China," IDE Discussion Papers 125, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Liu, C.-L.E., 2012. "An investigation of relationship learning in cross-border buyer–supplier relationships: The role of trust," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 311-327.
More about this item
Keywordsinternational trade; international investment; economic development; business strategies; networks; Japan; USA; Asia; electronics industry;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- F40 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - General
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aal:abbswp:97-7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keld Laursen). General contact details of provider: http://www.druid.dk/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .