A Divergent Path of Industrial Upgrading: Emergence and Evolution of the Mobile Handset Industry in China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998.
"International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Hobday, Mike, 1995. "East Asian latecomer firms: Learning the technology of electronics," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(7), pages 1171-1193, July.
- Imai, Ken'ichi, 2006. "Explaining the Persistence of State-ownership in China," IDE Discussion Papers 64, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ke Ding & Jiutang Pan, 2014. "The shanzhai cell phone: platforms and small business dynamics," Chapters,in: The Disintegration of Production, chapter 4, pages 101-126 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sturgeon, Timothy J. & Kawakami, Momoko, 2010. "Global value chains in the electronics industry : was the crisis a window of opportunity for developing countries ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5417, The World Bank.
- Kawakami, Momoko, 2008. "Exploiting the Modularity of Value Chains: Inter-firm Dynamics of the Taiwanese Notebook PC Industry," IDE Discussion Papers 146, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kimura, Koichiro, 2009. "The Technology Gap and the Growth of the Firm: A Case Study of China's Mobile-phone Handset Industry," IDE Discussion Papers 214, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial upgrading; China’s industrial growth; China; Telephone; Information services industry; 産業高度化; 中国の産業発展; 中国; 電話; 情報産業;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
- L6 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O3 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights
- P2 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2007-11-17 (China)
- NEP-TRA-2007-11-17 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper125. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .