Exploiting the Modularity of Value Chains: Inter-firm Dynamics of the Taiwanese Notebook PC Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2004. "Chain governance and upgrading: taking stock," Chapters,in: Local Enterprises in the Global Economy, chapter 13 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Chikashi Kishimoto, 2004. "Clustering and upgrading in global value chains: the Taiwanese personal computer industry," Chapters,in: Local Enterprises in the Global Economy, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Sturgeon, Timothy J., 1997. "Turnkey Production Networks: A New American Model of Industrial Organization?," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt2095c9d0, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- John Humphrey & Hubert Schmitz, 2004. "Governance in global value chains," Chapters,in: Local Enterprises in the Global Economy, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Imai, Ken'ichi & Shiu, Jingming, 2007. "A Divergent Path of Industrial Upgrading: Emergence and Evolution of the Mobile Handset Industry in China," IDE Discussion Papers 125, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal value chains; Notebook PC industry; ODM(original design manufacturing); Taiwan; Computer; Electronic industries; 国際価値連鎖; ノート型PC産業; 台湾; コンピュータ; 電子計算機; 電子工業;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-05-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-INT-2008-05-24 (International Trade)
- NEP-TID-2008-05-24 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.