Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region
This paper investigates the changes in the structures of industrial networks that have occurred in the Asia-Pacific region in line with the rapid growth of the Chinese economy. Analyses using international input-output tables revealed that during the 1990s, there was a significant increase in the dependence of Asian countriesâ€™ manufacturing industries, such as textiles and electronics, on Chinaâ€™s industries, though industries in Japan and the United States remain important as the main suppliers of industries in Asian countries.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 110. 2007.6|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.ide.go.jp/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN|
Web: http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Order Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998. "International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Santadas Ghosh & Joyashree Roy, 1998. "Qualitative Input-Output Analysis of the Indian Economic Structure," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 263-274.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2002. "Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 257-273.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.