Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region
This paper investigates the changes in the structures of industrial networks that have occurred in the Asia-Pacific region in line with the rapid growth of the Chinese economy. Analyses using international input-output tables revealed that during the 1990s, there was a significant increase in the dependence of Asian countries’ manufacturing industries, such as textiles and electronics, on China’s industries, though industries in Japan and the United States remain important as the main suppliers of industries in Asian countries.
|Date of creation:||01 Jun 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in IDE Discussion Paper = IDE Discussion Paper, No. 110. 2007-06-01|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545|
Web page: http://www.ide.go.jp/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN|
Web: http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Order Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998.
"International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry,"
Oxford Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998. "International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2002. "Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 257-273.
- Santadas Ghosh & Joyashree Roy, 1998. "Qualitative Input-Output Analysis of the Indian Economic Structure," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 263-274. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.