Industrial Networks between China and the Countries of the Asia-Pacific Region
This paper investigates the changes in the structures of industrial networks that have occurred in the Asia-Pacific region in line with the rapid growth of the Chinese economy. Analyses using international input-output tables revealed that during the 1990s, there was a significant increase in the dependence of Asian countriesâ€™ manufacturing industries, such as textiles and electronics, on Chinaâ€™s industries, though industries in Japan and the United States remain important as the main suppliers of industries in Asian countries.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2007|
|Publication status:||Published in IDE Discussion Paper. No. 110. 2007.6|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545|
Web page: http://www.ide.go.jp/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Publication Office, IDE 3-2-2 Wakaba, Mihama-ku, Chiba-shi, Chiba 261-8545 JAPAN|
Web: http://www.ide.go.jp/English/Publish/Order Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ernst, Dieter & Guerrieri, Paolo, 1998.
"International Production Networks and Changing Trade Patterns in East Asia: The Case of the Electronics Industry,"
UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series
qt3f55c124, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1998. "International production networks and changing trade patterns in East Asia: The case of the electronics industry," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 191-212.
- Dieter Ernst & Paolo Guerrieri, 1997. "International Production Networks And Changing Trade Patterns In East Asia The Case Of The Electronics Industry," DRUID Working Papers 97-7, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Santadas Ghosh & Joyashree Roy, 1998. "Qualitative Input-Output Analysis of the Indian Economic Structure," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 263-274.
- Fidel Aroche-Reyes, 2002. "Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 257-273.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Kobayashi)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.