Structural Transformations and Important Coefficients in the North American Economies
This paper assesses a few issues related to the question of finding the so-called important coefficients in an input-output table. Further, these coefficients are located in the corresponding matrices of Canada, the USA and Mexico. Important coefficients are analysed employing graph theoretical tools as well as qualitative input-output concepts and techniques. Empirical results are discussed in terms of the possible implications for trade and regional integration which, presumably, would have deepened in the 1990s.
Volume (Year): 14 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CESR20 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CESR20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bulmer-Thomas, Victor, 1978. "Trade, structure and linkages in Costa Rica : An input-output approach," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Jones, Leroy P, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-33, May.
- Hazari, Bharat R, 1970. "Empirical Identification of Key Sectors in the Indian Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 301-05, August.
- Bullard, Clark W, III & Sebald, Anthony V, 1977. "Effects of Parametric Uncertainty and Technological Change on Input-Output Models," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 59(1), pages 75-81, February.
- Michael Sonis & J. D. Hewings & Jiemin Guo, 2000. "A New Image of Classical Key Sector Analysis: Minimum Information Decomposition of the Leontief Inverse," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 401-423.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecsysr:v:14:y:2002:i:3:p:257-273. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.