Structural changes in the Polish economy - the analysis of input-output
This paper analyses the structure of Polish economy using three input-output tables for years 1995, 2000 and 2004. Applying the traditional methods proposed by Rasmussen the sector’s backward and forward linkages are identified. Industries with large backward and forward linkages are named “key sectors” and play an important role in the development strategy of a country, so the outcome of the paper may be used for the development strategy of Polish economy. At the beginning of the article the idea of input-output table and Rasmussen’s methodology of identifying the key sectors are discussed in detail. Then, based on three input-output tables, the key sectors in the Polish economy are selected and the role of these sectors over the years 1995-2004 is examined.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hazari, Bharat R, 1970. "Empirical Identification of Key Sectors in the Indian Economy," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(3), pages 301-305, August.
- Bart Verspagen, 2004.
"Structural Change and Technology. A Long View,"
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(6), pages 1099-1125.
- Verspagen, B., 2002. "Structural Change and Technology. A Long View," Working Papers 02.13, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Erik Dietzenbacher, 2002. "Interregional Multipliers: Looking Backward, Looking Forward," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 125-136.
- Peterson, William (ed.), 1992. "Advances in Input-Output Analysis: Technology, Planning, and Development," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195062366.
- Iris Claus, 2002. "Inter industry linkages in New Zealand," Treasury Working Paper Series 02/09, New Zealand Treasury.
- B. Andreosso-O'Callaghan & G. Yue, 2004. "Intersectoral Linkages and Key Sectors in China, 1987-1997," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(2), pages 165-183, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33659. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.