The private and social return to schooling in Italy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Antonio Ciccone & Federico Cingano & Piero Cipollone, 2004. "The Private and Social Return to Schooling in Italy," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 63(3-4), pages 413-444, December.
- Federico Cingano & Piero Cipollone, 2009. "The private and social return to schooling in Italy," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 53, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2004.
"The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 526-556, June.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development," NBER Working Papers 7563, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luigi Guiso & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital in Financial Development," CRSP working papers 511, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Guiso, Luigi & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2000. "The Role of Social Capital In Financial Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2383, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Charles I. Jones, 2002.
"Sources of U.S. Economic Growth in a World of Ideas,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 220-239, March.
- Charles I. Jones, "undated". "Sources of U.S. Economic Growth in a World of Ideas," Working Papers 98009, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Jones, C.I., 2000. "Sources of U.S. Economic Growth in a World of Ideas," Papers 99-29, United Nations World Employment Programme-.
- Lucifora, Claudio & Comi, Simona & Brunello, Giorgio, 2000. "The Returns to Education in Italy: A New Look at the Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 130, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003.
"Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
562.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 576.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Angel de la Fuente & Antonio Ciccone, 2003. "Human capital in a global and knowledge-based economy," Working Papers 70, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Andrea Brandolini & Piero Cipollone & Paolo Sestito, 2001. "Earnings Dispersion, Low Pay and Household Poverty in Italy, 1977-1998," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 427, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Angel de la Fuente & Rafael Domenech & Juan Francisco Jimeno, 2003. "Human capital as a factor of growth and employment at the regional level. The case of Spain," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 610.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Claudia Goldin & Lawrence F. Katz, 1998. "Human Capital and Social Capital: The Rise of Secondary Schooling in America, 1910 to 1940," NBER Working Papers 6439, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cohen, Daniel & Piketty, Thomas & Saint-Paul, Gilles (ed.), 2002. "The Economics of Rising Inequalities," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199254026.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aiello, Francesco & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2008. "Convergence and Regional Productivity Divide in Italy: Evidence from Panel Data," MPRA Paper 17343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Concetta, MENDOLICCHIO, 2006. "A Disaggregate Analysis of Private Returns to Education in Italy," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006054, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Michael Landesmann & Sebastian Leitner & Robert Stehrer & Terry Ward, 2009. "Skills and Industrial Competitiveness," wiiw Research Reports 356, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2007.
"Quality of Human and Physical Capital and Technological Gaps across Italian Regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 585-599.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2007. "Quality of Human and Physical Capital and Technological Gaps across Italian Regions," MPRA Paper 15740, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2012.
"Il difficile passaggio verso il lavoro dei giovani che lasciano la scuola: Quali possibili politiche?,"
5_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto, 2012.
"Il difficile passaggio verso il lavoro dei giovani che lasciano la scuola: quali possibili politiche?
[The hard access to the labour market of youth leaving school: what policy choices?]," MPRA Paper 37645, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caroleo, Floro Ernesto, 2012. "Il difficile passaggio verso il lavoro dei giovani che lasciano la scuola: quali possibili politiche?
- Bronzini, Raffaello & Piselli, Paolo, 2009. "Determinants of long-run regional productivity with geographical spillovers: The role of R&D, human capital and public infrastructure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 187-199, March.
- Noe', Chiara, 2009. "Subject of degree and the gender wage gap: Evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 47289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013.
"Technological catch-up or neoclassical convergence? Identifying the channels of convergence for Italian regions,"
Economics and Business Letters,
Oviedo University Press, vol. 2(4), pages 169-181.
- Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2009. "Technological Catch-up or Neoclassical Convergence? Identifying the Channels of Convergence for Italian Regions," MPRA Paper 13051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2009. "Technological Catch-Up Or Neoclassical Convergence? Identifying The Channels Of Convergence For Italian Regions," Working Papers 200904, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Daniel Lederman & William F. Maloney, 2012. "Does What You Export Matter? In Search of Empirical Guidance for Industrial Policies," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 9371, December.
- Inés P. Murillo Huertas & Francisco Pedraja Chaparro, 2009. "¿Es rentable para el sector público invertir en educación?," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 188(1), pages 9-29, March.
- Stefania Gabriele & Fiorella Kostoris Padoa Schioppa, 2006. "Un’analisi economica della mobilità sociale in Italia," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 96(3), pages 47-111, May-June.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo & Francesco Pastore, 2019. "The Italian lowgrowth conundrum: An assessment and some policy lessons," CESifo Forum, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 20(01), pages 33-39, April.
- Mastromarco, C. (Camilla) & Peragine, V. (Vito) & Serlenga, L. (Laura), 2011. "GINI DP 69: Return to Education and Income Inequality in Europe and the US," GINI Discussion Papers 69, AIAS, Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Labour Studies.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Regional Development; Wages; Employment probability;
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2006-03-05 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2006-03-05 (Education)
- NEP-GEO-2006-03-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-LAB-2006-03-05 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2006-03-05 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_569_06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdigvit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.