Racial profiling as a public policy question : efficiency, equity, and ambiguity
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2005. "Racial Profiling as a Public Policy Question: Efficiency, Equity, and Ambiguity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 132-136, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1998. "Detecting Discrimination," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 101-116, Spring.
- Jeff Dominitz, 2003. "How Do the Laws of Probability Constrain Legislative and Judicial Efforts to Stop Racial Profiling?," American Law and Economics Review, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 412-432, August.
- Steven N. Durlauf, 2006. "Assessing Racial Profiling," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(515), pages 402-426, November.
- Charles F. Manski, 2004.
"Statistical Treatment Rules for Heterogeneous Populations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(4), pages 1221-1246, July.
- Charles F. Manski, 2003. "Statistical treatment rules for heterogeneous populations," CeMMAP working papers CWP03/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bohren, Aislinn & Haggag, Kareem & Imas, Alex & Pope, Devin G., 2019. "Inaccurate Statistical Discrimination," CEPR Discussion Papers 13790, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pang-Ru Chang & Jin-Lung Peng & Chiang Ku Fan, 2011. "A Comparison of Bancassurance and Traditional Insurer Sales Channels," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 36(1), pages 76-93, January.
- Matt E. Ryan, 2016. "Frisky business: race, gender and police activity during traffic stops," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 65-83, February.
- Chiang Ku Fan, 2012. "Compare bancassurance sales with an insurer's own team in Taiwan," International Journal of Business Performance Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 13(3/4), pages 274-293.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:att:wimass:20051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.