Individual dismissals in Europe and the United States: A model on the influence of the legal framework on firing costs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Miguel Malo & Joaquín Pérez, 2003. "Individual Dismissals in Europe and the United States: A Model on the Influence of the Legal Framework on Firing Costs," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 47-63, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Emerson, Michael, 1988. "Regulation or deregulation of the labour market : Policy regimes for the recruitment and dismissal of employees in the industrialised countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 775-817, April.
- Bentolila, S. & Saint-Paul, G., 1995.
"A model of labour demand with linear adjustment costs,"
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 105-105, March.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1994. "A model of labor demand with linear adjustment costs," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 303-326, September.
- Bentolila, S. & Saint-Paul, G., 1992. "A Model of Labour Demand with Linear Adjustment Costs," DELTA Working Papers 92-05, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1992. "A Model of Labour Demand with Linear Adjustment Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 690, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William M. Landes, 1974. "An Economic Analysis of the Courts," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 164-214 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 1984. "Litigation and Settlement under Imperfect Information," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 15(3), pages 404-415, Autumn.
- Simon Deakin & Frank Wilkinson, 1999. "The Management of Redundancies in Europe: The Case of Great Britain," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 13(1), pages 41-89, March.
- Miguel Malo, 2001. "European Labour Law and Severance Pay Determination in Collective Redundancies," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 73-90, July.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
- Miguel Á. Malo, 2000. "A Simple Model of Severance Pay Determination: The Case of Individual Dismissals in Spain," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 14(2), pages 269-290, June.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1962. "Labor as a Quasi-Fixed Factor," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 70, pages 538-538.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christian Grund, 2006.
"Severance payments for dismissed employees in Germany,"
European Journal of Law and Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 49-71, July.
- Grund, Christian, 2003. "Severance Payments for Dismissed Employees in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 875, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Malo, Miguel Ángel & Martín-Román, Ángel L. & Moral, Alfonso, 2016. "“Peer effects” or “quasi-peer effects” in Spanish labour court rulings," MPRA Paper 72669, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:got:cegedp:87 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pilar García-Martínez & Miguel Malo, 2007. "The strategic use of dismissal legislation: an empirical analysis using Spanish data," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 151-167, April.
- Christian Grund, 2004. "Severance Payments for Dismissed Employees Severance Payments for Dismissed Employees in Germany," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse4_2004, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Frick, Bernd & Malo, Miguel A. & Garcia Martinez, Pilar & Schneider, Martin, 2012. "The Demand for Individual Grievance Procedures in Germany and Spain: Labour Law Changes versus Business Cycle/La demanda de reclamaciones laborales individuales en Alemania y España: Derecho Laboral v," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 30, pages 283-310, Abril.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2010.
"An economic analysis of dismissal legislation: Determinants of severance pay in West Germany,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 71-85, March.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2009. "An economic analysis of dismissal legislation: Determinants of severance pay in West Germany," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 87, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsdismissal; individual dismissal; severance pay; firing costs; Labour Law;
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
- J65 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment Insurance; Severance Pay; Plant Closings
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:alc:alcddt:9/02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Juan Muro). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fcalces.html .