Multi-Enterprising Farm Households: The Importance of Their Alternative Business Ventures in the Rural Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- M. Shucksmith, 1993. "Farm Household Behaviour And The Transition To Post-Productivism," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 466-478.
- Sara Carter, 1998. "Portfolio entrepreneurship in the farm sector: indigenous growth in rural areas?," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 17-32, January.
- Elena G. Irwin & Andrew M. Isserman & Maureen Kilkenny & Mark D. Partridge, 2010. "A Century of Research on Rural Development and Regional Issues," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(2), pages 522-553.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2015.
"Interlinked diversification strategies: Evidence from farm business households,"
2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia
196860, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Khanal, Aditya & Mishra, Ashok, 2015. "Interlinked diversification strategies: Evidence from farm business households," 2015 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2015, Atlanta, Georgia 196977, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10460-016-9755-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bartolini, Fabio & Andreoli, Maria & Brunori, Gianluca, 2013. "Explaining the determinants of on-farm diversification: The case Study of Tuscany Region," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149903, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Aditya R. Khanal & Ashok K. Mishra, 2014. "Agritourism and off-farm work: survival strategies for small farms," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(S1), pages 65-76, November.
- Mirzaei, Omid & Micheels, Eric T. & Boecker, Andreas, 2016. "Product and Marketing Innovation in Farm-Based Businesses: The Role of Entrepreneurial Orientation and Market Orientation," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 19(2).
More about this item
Keywordsonfarm diversification; off-farm businesses; portfolio entrepreneur; farm household typology; nonfarm employment; direct sales; Community/Rural/Urban Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-11-24 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2012-11-24 (Entrepreneurship)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:uersib:138015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ersgvus.html .