What Is The Cause Of Growth In Regional Trade: Trade Liberalization Or Rta'S? The Case Of Agriculture
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Xinshen Diao & Terry Roe & Agapi Somwaru, 2001. "What is the Cause of Growth in Regional Trade: Trade Liberalisation or RTAs? The Case of Agriculture," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 51-79, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexis Jacquemin & André Sapir, 1988. "European integration or world integration?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 124(1), pages 127-139, March.
- Shang-Jin Wei & David C. Parsley, 1995. "Purchasing Power Disparity During the Floating Rate Period: Exchange Rate Volatility, Trade Barriers and Other Culprits," NBER Working Papers 5032, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Stein, Ernesto & Wei, Shang-jin, 1995. "Trading blocs and the Americas: The natural, the unnatural, and the super-natural," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 61-95, June.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 986, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Portes, Jonathan, 1998. "Returns to Regionalism: An Analysis of Nontraditional Gains from Regional Trade Agreements," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 197-220, May.
- Gopinath, Munisamy & Arnade, Carlos & Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry, 1997.
"Agricultural competitiveness: The case of the United States and major EU countries,"
Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 99-109, May.
- Gopinath, Munisamy & Arnade, Carlos Anthony & Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry, 1997. "Agricultural competitiveness: The case of the United States and major EU countries," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 16(2), May.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789812798091_0006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ernesto Stein & Jeffrey Frankel, 1994. "The welfare implications of continental trading blocs in a model with transport costs," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 94-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 2002.
"Trade liberalisation and regional integration: the search for large numbers,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 46(4), December.
- Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen, 1999. "Trade liberalization and regional integration: the search for large numbers," TMD discussion papers 34, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sapir, Andre, 1992. "Regional Integration in Europe," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(415), pages 1491-1506, November.
- Paul Krugman, 1995. "Growing World Trade: Causes and Consequences," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 327-377.
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1998. "The New Regionalism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1149-1161, July.
- Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2009.
"Multilateral Trade Negotiations and Preferential Trading Arrangements,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Globalization And International Trade Policies, chapter 6, pages 153-210
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Stern, R.M. & Deardorff, A.V., 1992. "Multilateral Trade Negociations and Preferential Trading Arrangements," Working Papers 307, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry L. & Somwaru, Agapi, 2008.
"Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U.S. Agricultural Exports,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(2), October.
- Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry & Somwaru, Agapi, 2008. "Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U. S. Agricultural Exports," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(02), pages 160-175, October.
- Doan, Darcie & Goldstein, Andrew & Zahniser, Steven & Vollrath, Thomas L. & Bolling, H. Christine, 2004. "North American Integration In Agriculture: A Survey Paper," North American Agrifood Integration: Situation and Perspectives, May 2004, Cancun, Mexico 16730, Farm Foundation.
- Tegebu, Fredu Nega & Hussein, Edris Seid, 2015. "Effects of regional trade agreements on trade in strategic," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212634, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roe, Terry L. & Shane, Mathew & Somwaru, Agapi, 2006.
"Exchange Rates, Foreign Income and U.S. Agriculture,"
12975, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry L. & Somwaru, Agapi, 2006. "Exchange Rates, Foreign Income, and U.S. Agriculture," Conference Papers 6686, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Raú l Serrano & Vicente Pinilla, 2012.
"The long-run decline in the share of agricultural and food products in international trade: a gravity equation approach to its causes,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(32), pages 4199-4210, November.
- Raul Serrano & Vicente Pinilla, 2011. "The long-run decline in the share of agricultural and food products in international trade: a gravity equation approach to its causes," Post-Print hal-00716633, HAL.
- repec:ibn:ijefaa:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:88-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francis Tuan & Agapi Somwaru & Sun Ling Wang & Efthimia Tsakiridou, 2016. "The Dynamics of China's Export Growth: An Intertemporal Analysis," South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, Association of Economic Universities of South and Eastern Europe and the Black Sea Region, vol. 14(1), pages 37-57.
- Sampath Jayasinghe & Rakhal Sarker, 2004. "Effects of Regional Trade Agreements on Trade in Agrifood Products: Evidence from Gravity Modeling Using Disaggregated Data," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 04-wp374, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Sampath Jayasinghe & Rakhal Sarker, 2004. "Effects of Regional Trade Agreements on Trade in Agrifood Products: Evidence from Gravity Modeling Using Disaggregated Data," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 04-wp374, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Colyer, Dale, 2001. "Impacts Of Nafta On U.S.-Mexico Agricultural Trade," Conference Papers 19105, West Virginia University, Department of Agricultural Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational trade; Regional trade arrangements; Agricultural trade; International Relations/Trade;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iatrwp:14605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iatrcea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.