Generating Global Crop Distribution Maps: From Census to Grid
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin, 2014. "Generating global crop distribution maps: From census to grid," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 53-60.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2006. "Generating global crop distribution maps: from census to grid," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21299, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
References listed on IDEAS
- Genti Kostandini & Bradford F. Mills & Steven Were Omamo & Stanley Wood, 2009.
""Ex ante" analysis of the benefits of transgenic drought tolerance research on cereal crops in low-income countries,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(4), pages 477-492, July.
- Kostandini, Genti & Mills, Bradford F. & Omamo, Steven Were & Wood, Stanley, 2007. "Ex-Ante Analysis of the Benefits of Transgenic Drought Tolerance Research on Cereal Crops in Low-Income Countries," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9940, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- You, Liangzhi & Ringler, Claudia & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Robertson, Richard & Wood, Stanley & Zhu, Tingju & Nelson, Gerald & Guo, Zhe & Sun, Yan, 2011. "What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and socioeconomic approach," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 770-782.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Nelson, Gerald C., 2002.
"Introduction to the special issue on spatial analysis for agricultural economists,"
Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 197-200, November.
- Nelson, Gerald C., 2002. "Introduction to the special issue on spatial analysis for agricultural economists," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 27(3), November.
- Anselin, Luc, 2002. "Under the hood : Issues in the specification and interpretation of spatial regression models," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 247-267, November.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley, 2006. "An entropy approach to spatial disaggregation of agricultural production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 329-347, October.
- Bruno Losch & Sandrine Fréguin-Gresh & Eric Thomas White, 2012.
"Structural Transformation and Rural Change Revisited : Challenges for Late Developing Countries in a Globalizing World
[Transformations rurales et développement : Les défis du changement structurel," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12482.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:agiwat:v:193:y:2017:i:c:p:251-264 is not listed on IDEAS
- Xavier, Antonio & Martins, Maria de Belem Costa Freitas & Fragoso, Rui Manuel de Sousa, 2011. "Recovery of Incomplete Data of Statistical Livestock Number Applying an Entropy Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115790, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kazi Ahmed & Guiling Wang & Miao Yu & Jawoo Koo & Liangzhi You, 2015. "Potential impact of climate change on cereal crop yield in West Africa," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 133(2), pages 321-334, November.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:27526 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:153:y:2017:i:c:p:212-220 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iimi,Atsushi & You,Liangzhi & Wood-Sichra,Ulrike & Humphrey,Richard Martin, 2015. "Agriculture production and transport infrastructure in east Africa : an application of spatial autoregression," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7281, The World Bank.
- Fjelde, Hanne, 2015. "Farming or Fighting? Agricultural Price Shocks and Civil War in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 525-534.
More about this item
KeywordsGlobal; cross entropy; satellite image; spatial allocation; agricultural production; crop suitability; Crop Production/Industries; C6; Q15; Q24;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- Q24 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Land
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:iaae06:25737. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.