An Approach Using Entropy and Supervised Classifications to Disaggregate Agricultural Data at a Local Level
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin, 2014.
"Generating global crop distribution maps: From census to grid,"
Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 53-60.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2006. "Generating global crop distribution maps: from census to grid," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21299, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2006. "Generating Global Crop Distribution Maps: From Census to Grid," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25737, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raja Chakir, 2009. "Spatial Downscaling of Agricultural Land-Use Data: An Econometric Approach Using Cross Entropy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(2), pages 238-251.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley, 2006. "An entropy approach to spatial disaggregation of agricultural production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 329-347, October.
- Richard Howitt & Arnaud Reynaud, 2003. "Spatial disaggregation of agricultural production data using maximum entropy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 359-387, September.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2009. "Generating plausible crop distribution maps for Sub-Saharan Africa using a spatially disaggregated data fusion and optimization approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 99(2-3), pages 126-140, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Aurbacher, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan, 2011. "Generating crop sequences in land-use models using maximum entropy and Markov chains," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(6), pages 470-479, July.
- Xavier, Antonio & Martins, Maria de Belem Costa Freitas & Fragoso, Rui Manuel de Sousa, 2011. "Recovery of Incomplete Data of Statistical Livestock Number Applying an Entropy Approach," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 115790, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- António Xavier & Maria Belem Freitas & Maria do Socorro Rosário & Rui Fragoso, 2016. "Disaggregating Statistical Data at Field Level: An Entropy Approach," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_06, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Iimi,Atsushi & You,Liangzhi & Wood-Sichra,Ulrike & Humphrey,Richard Martin, 2015. "Agriculture production and transport infrastructure in east Africa : an application of spatial autoregression," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7281, The World Bank.
- Van Dijk, M. & You, L. & Havlik, P. & Palazzo, A. & Mosnier, A., 2018. "Generating high-resolution national crop distribution maps: Combining statistics, gridded data and surveys using an optimization approach," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 276038, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wade, Tara & Kurkalova, Lyubov & Secchi, Silvia, 2016. "Modeling Field-Level Conservation Tillage Adoption with Aggregate Choice Data," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(2), May.
- Atsushi Iimi & Liangzhi You & Ulrike Wood-Sichra, 2020.
"Spatial Autocorrelation Panel Regression: Agricultural Production and Transport Connectivity,"
Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 529-547, June.
- Iimi,Atsushi & You,Liangzhi & Wood-Sichra,Ulrike & Iimi,Atsushi & You,Liangzhi & Wood-Sichra,Ulrike, 2017. "Spatial autocorrelation panel regression : agricultural production and transport connectivity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8089, The World Bank.
- Johnson, Michael E. & Benin, Samuel & You, Liangzhi & Diao, Xinshen & Chilonda, Pius & Kennedy, Adam, 2014. "Exploring strategic priorities for regional agricultural research and development investments in southern Africa:," IFPRI discussion papers 1318, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Tran, Dat Q. & Kurkalova, Lyubov A., 2017. "Testing for complementarity between the use of continuous no-till and cover crops: an application of Entropy approach," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 259149, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Johnson, Michael E. & Takeshima, Hiroyuki & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2013. "Assessing the potential and policy alternatives for achieving rice competitiveness and growth in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1301, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- António Xavier & Rui Fragoso & Maria De Belém Costa Freitas & Maria Do Socorro Rosário & Florentino Valente, 2018. "A Minimum Cross-Entropy Approach to Disaggregate Agricultural Data at the Field Level," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Wade, Tara & Kurkalova, Lyubov A. & Secchi, Silvia, 2012. "Using the logit model with aggregated choice data in estimation of Iowa corn farmers’ conservation tillage subsidies," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124974, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hendriks, C.M.J. & Stoorvogel, J.J. & Claessens, L., 2016. "Exploring the challenges with soil data in regional land use analysis," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 9-21.
- Anderson, Weston & You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin, 2014. "A comparative analysis of global cropping systems models and maps:," IFPRI discussion papers 1327, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Robinson, Nathaniel P. & Cox, Cindy M. & Koo, Jawoo, 2016. "Harnessing net primary productivity data for monitoring sustainable development of agriculture," IFPRI discussion papers 1584, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Terrance Hurley & Jawoo Koo & Kindie Tesfaye, 2018.
"Weather risk: how does it change the yield benefits of nitrogen fertilizer and improved maize varieties in sub‐Saharan Africa?,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 49(6), pages 711-723, November.
- Hurley, Terrance & Koo, Jawoo & Tesfaye, Kindie, 2016. "Weather Risk: How does it change the yield benefits of nitrogen fertilizer and improved maize varieties in sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Papers 265634, HarvestChoice.
- KURKALOVA, Lyubov A. & WADE, Tara R., 2013. "Aggregated Choice Data And Logit Models: Application To Environmental Benign Practices Of Conservation Tillage By Farmers In The State Of Iowa," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 119-128.
- Viaggi, Davide & Raggi, Meri & Gomez y Paloma, Sergio, 2011.
"Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts,"
Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 127-145, January.
- Pavel Ciaian & Maria Espinosa & Sergio Gomez y Paloma & Stephen Langrell & Kamel Louhichi & Thierry Vard & Thomas Heckelei & Paolo Sckokai & Alban Thomas, 2013. "Farm-household investment behaviour and the CAP decoupling: Methodological issues in assessing policy impacts," JRC Working Papers JRC79969, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Hyunseok Kim & GianCarlo Moschini, 2018. "The Dynamics of Supply: U.S. Corn and Soybeans in the Biofuel Era," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 18-wp579, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Song, Jingyu & Delgado, Michael & Preckel, Paul & Villoria, Nelson, 2016. "Pixel Level Cropland Allocation and Marginal Impacts of Biophysical Factors," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235327, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsSupervised classification; Satellite imagery; Agricultural data; Entropy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jqecon:v:17:y:2019:i:4:d:10.1007_s40953-018-0143-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.