Recovery of Incomplete Data of Statistical Livestock Number Applying an Entropy Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tonini, Axel & Jongeneel, Roelof A., 2007. "Modelling the Dairy Farm Size Distribution in Poland Using an Instrumental Variable Generalized Cross Entropy Markov Approach," 104th Seminar, September 5-8, 2007, Budapest, Hungary 7784, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Richard Howitt & Arnaud Reynaud, 2003. "Spatial disaggregation of agricultural production data using maximum entropy," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 30(3), pages 359-387, September.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike & Wu, Wenbin, 2014.
"Generating global crop distribution maps: From census to grid,"
Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 53-60.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2006. "Generating global crop distribution maps: from census to grid," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21299, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2006. "Generating Global Crop Distribution Maps: From Census to Grid," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25737, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley, 2004. "Assessing the spatial distribution of crop production using a generalized cross-entropy approach:," EPTD discussion papers 126, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2002.
"Information-based estimators for the non-stationary transition probability matrix: an application to the Danish pork industry,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 107(1-2), pages 275-290, March.
- Karantininis, Kostas, 2001. "Information Based Estimators for the Non-Stationary Transition Probability Matrix: An Application to the Danish Pork Industry," Unit of Economics Working Papers 24198, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- Raja Chakir, 2009. "Spatial Downscaling of Agricultural Land-Use Data: An Econometric Approach Using Cross Entropy," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(2), pages 238-251.
- Golan, Amos & Judge, George G. & Miller, Douglas, 1996. "Maximum Entropy Econometrics," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1488, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley & Wood-Sichra, Ulrike, 2004. "Generating Plausible Crop Distribution Maps For Sub-Sahara Africa Using Spatial Allocation Model," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19965, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- António Xavier & Rui Fragoso & Maria Belém Costa Freitas & Maria Socorro Rosário, 2019. "An Approach Using Entropy and Supervised Classifications to Disaggregate Agricultural Data at a Local Level," Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 17(4), pages 763-779, December.
- Wade, Tara & Kurkalova, Lyubov & Secchi, Silvia, 2016. "Modeling Field-Level Conservation Tillage Adoption with Aggregate Choice Data," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(2), May.
- Wobst, Peter & Arndt, Channing, 2004. "HIV/AIDS and Labor Force Upgrading in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1831-1847, November.
- You, Liangzhi & Wood, Stanley, 2006. "An entropy approach to spatial disaggregation of agricultural production," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-3), pages 329-347, October.
- Arndt, Channing & Wobst, Peter, 2002. "HIV/AIDS and labor markets in Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 102, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- António Xavier & Rui Fragoso & Maria De Belém Costa Freitas & Maria Do Socorro Rosário & Florentino Valente, 2018. "A Minimum Cross-Entropy Approach to Disaggregate Agricultural Data at the Field Level," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Huettel, Silke & Jongeneel, Roelof A., 2009. "Impact of the EU Milk Quota on Structural Change in the Dairy Sectors of Germany and The Netherlands," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 50943, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wobst, Peter & Arndt, Channing, 2003. "HIV/AIDS and Primary School Performance in Tanzania," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25870, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Piet, Laurent, 2008. "The evolution of farm size distribution: revisiting the Markov chain model," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44269, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas & Adenauer, Marcel, 2007. "Report and Code to Simulate Structural Change," Reports 57468, Wageningen University, SEAMLESS: System for Environmental and Agricultural Modelling; Linking European Science and Society.
- António Xavier & Maria Belem Freitas & Maria do Socorro Rosário & Rui Fragoso, 2016. "Disaggregating Statistical Data at Field Level: An Entropy Approach," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2016_06, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Aurbacher, Joachim & Dabbert, Stephan, 2011. "Generating crop sequences in land-use models using maximum entropy and Markov chains," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(6), pages 470-479, July.
- Zimmermann, Andrea & Heckelei, Thomas, 2012. "Differences of farm structural change across European regions," Discussion Papers 162879, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- Petsakos, Athanasios & Jayet, Pierre-Alain, 2010. "Evaluating the efficiency of a N-input tax under different policy scenarios at different scales," 120th Seminar, September 2-4, 2010, Chania, Crete 109397, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Huettel, Silke & Jongeneel, Roelof A., 2008. "Structural Change in the Dairy Sectors of Germany and The Netherlands - A Markov Chain Analysis," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43659, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alexander Gocht & Norbert Röder & Sebastian Neuenfeldt & Hugo Storm & Thomas Heckelei, 2012. "Modelling farm structural change: A feasibility study for ex-post modelling utilizing FADN and FSS data in Germany and developing an ex-ante forecast module for the CAPRI farm type layer baseline," JRC Working Papers JRC75524, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Kempen, Markus & Heckelei, Thomas & Britz, Wolfgang & Adrian, Leip & Koeble, Renate, 2005. "A Statistical Approach for Spatial Disaggregation of Crop Production in the EU," 89th Seminar, February 2-5, 2005, Parma, Italy 234612, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Heckelei, Thomas & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Jansson, Torbjorn, 2008. "A Bayesian Alternative To Generalized Cross Entropy Solutions For Underdetermined Econometric Models," Discussion Papers 56973, University of Bonn, Institute for Food and Resource Economics.
- repec:lrk:lrkwkp:fiirs016 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marsh, Thomas L. & Mittelhammer, Ronald C., 2001. "Adaptive Truncated Estimaton Applied To Maximum Entropy," 2001 Annual Meeting, July 8-11, 2001, Logan, Utah 36169, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Müller, Marc & Sanfo, Safietou & Laube, Wolfram, 2013. "Impact of Changing Seasonal Rainfall Patterns on Rainy-Season Crop Production in the Guinea Savannah of West Africa," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 151208, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsLivestock Production/Industries; Research Methods/ Statistical Methods;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:115790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.