The Costs of Increased Localization for a Multiple-Product Food Supply Chain: Dairy in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sigrid Stagl, 2002. "Local Organic Food Markets: Potentials and Limitations for Contributing to Sustainable Development," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 145-162, June.
- Jane Ricketts Hein & Brian Ilbery & Moya Kneafsey, 2006. "Distribution of local food activity in England and Wales: An index of food relocalization," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 289-301.
- Shermain D. Hardesty, 2008. "The Growing Role of Local Food Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1289-1295.
- King, Robert P. & Gomez, Miguel I. & DiGiacomo, Gigi, 2010. "Can Local Food Go Mainstream?," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1).
- Patricia Allen & Alice Brooke Wilson, 2008. "Agrifood Inequalities: Globalization and localization," Development, Palgrave Macmillan;Society for International Deveopment, vol. 51(4), pages 534-540, December.
- Stephen Toler & Brian C. Briggeman & Jayson L. Lusk & Damian C. Adams, 2009. "Fairness, Farmers Markets, and Local Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(5), pages 1272-1278.
- Kim Darby & Marvin T. Batte & Stan Ernst & Brian Roe, 2008. "Decomposing Local: A Conjoint Analysis of Locally Produced Foods," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 476-486.
- Dawn Thilmany & Craig A. Bond & Jennifer K. Bond, 2008. "Going Local: Exploring Consumer Behavior and Motivations for Direct Food Purchases," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1303-1309.
- Pratt, James E. & Bishop, Phillip M. & Erba, Eric M. & Novakovic, Andrew M. & Stephenson, Mark W., 1997. "A Description of the Methods and Data Employed in the U.S. Dairy Sector Simulator, Version 97.3," Research Bulletins 122723, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Onozaka, Yuko & Nurse, Gretchen & Thilmany, Dawn D., 2010. "Local Food Consumers: How Motivations and Perceptions Translate to Buying Behavior," Choices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 25(1).
More about this item
KeywordsLocalization; dairy sector; food miles; transshipment models; food supply chains.; Agricultural and Food Policy; Production Economics;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:cudawp:126967. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dacorus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.