Dynamic Complementarity In Export Promotion: The Market Access Program In Fruits And Vegetables
To justify public subsidies for export promotion, export markets must fail to provide incentives for exporters to recognize the benefits of spillover or long-term benefits of promotion. This paper tests for these failures in dynamic dual model for horticultural export supply. Results show significant spillovers and dynamic effects.
|Date of creation:||1998|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53202|
Phone: (414) 918-3190
Fax: (414) 276-3349
Web page: http://www.aaea.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weersink, Alfons & Howard, Wayne H., 1990. "Regional Adjustment Response In The U.S. Dairy Sector To Changes In Milk Support Price," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Comeau, Allison & Mittelhammer, Ronald C. & Wahl, Thomas I., 1997. "Assessing The Effectiveness Of Mpp And Tea Advertising And Promotion Efforts In The Japanese Market For Meats," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(2), July.
- Stefanou, Spiro E, et al, 1992. "Dynamic Structure of Production under a Quota: The Case of Milk Production in the Federal Republic of Germany," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 19(3), pages 283-99.
- Vasavada, Utpal & Ball, V. Eldon, 1988.
"A dynamic adjustment model for U.S. agriculture: 1948-79,"
Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 123-137, October.
- Vasavada, Utpal & Ball, V. Eldon, 1988. "A Dynamic Adjustment Model for U.S. Agriculture: 1948-79," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 2(2), October.
- George C. Davis, 1997. "Product Aggregation Bias as a Specification Error in Demand Systems," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 100-109.
- C. P. Rosson & M. D. Hammig & J. W. Jones, 1986. "Foreign market promotion programs: An analysis of promotion response for apples, poultry, and tobacco," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 33-42.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A. & Christian, Jason E. & Meng, Erika C.H. & Piggott, Nicholas E., 1997. "The California Table Grape Commission's Promotion Program: An Evaluation," Monographs, University of California, Davis, Giannini Foundation, number 11932.
- Lawrence, Denis, 1990. "An adjustment-costs model of export supply and import demand," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 381-398, December.
- Stigler, George J & Becker, Gary S, 1977. "De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 76-90, March.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Fisher, Lawrence, 1982. "The Derived Demand for Advertising: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 366-88, June.
- Howard, Wayne H. & Shumway, C. Richard, 1989. "Nonrobustness Of Dynamic Dual Models Of The U.S. Dairy Industry," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 18(1), April.
- Feenstra, Robert C, 1994. "New Product Varieties and the Measurement of International Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 157-77, March.
- Catherine J. Morrison, 1997. "Structural Change, Capital Investment and Productivity in the Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 110-125.
- Diewert, W E, 1971. "An Application of the Shephard Duality Theorem: A Generalized Leontief Production Function," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(3), pages 481-507, May-June.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Clinton R. Shiells, 1996.
"Bias in U.S. Import Prices and Demand,"
in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 249-276
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Davis, George C. & Jensen, Kimberly L., 1994. "Two-Stage Utility Maximization And Import Demand Systems Revisited: Limitations And An Alternative," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 19(02), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea98:20851. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.