Weather Risk and the Viability of Weather Insurance In Western China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Musshoff & Norbert Hirschauer & Martin Odening, 2008. "Portfolio effects and the willingness to pay for weather insurances," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 68(1), pages 83-97, May.
- Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Innovations in Index Insurance for the Poor in Lower Income Countries," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), April.
- T.J. Richards & J. Eaves & M. Manfredo & S.E. Naranjo & C.-C. Chu & T.J. Henneberry, 2008. "Spatial-Temporal Model of Insect Growth, Diffusion and Derivative Pricing," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(4), pages 962-978.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "Pricing Weather Derivatives," Working Papers 28536, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Timothy J. Richards & James Eaves & Valerie Fournier & S.E. Naranjo & C.-C. Chu & T.J. Henneberry, 2006. "Managing economic risk caused by insects: bug options," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 66(1), pages 27-45, May.
- Martin Odening & Oliver Musshoff & Wei Xu, 2007. "Analysis of rainfall derivatives using daily precipitation models: opportunities and pitfalls," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 67(1), pages 135-156, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Baojing & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2015. "Financial weather derivatives for corn production in Northern China: A comparison of pricing methods," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 201-209.
- Linging Hou & Dana L.K. Hoag & Yueying Mu, 2011. "Testing for adverse selection of crop insurance in northern China," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(4), pages 462-475, November.
More about this item
Keywordsweather insurance; rainfall insurance; China; Agricultural and Food Policy; Agricultural Finance; International Development; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-05-16 (Development)
- NEP-IAS-2009-05-16 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2009-05-16 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49362. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.