Applications of copulas to Analysis of Efficiency of Weather Derivatives as Primary Crop Insurance Instruments
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Musshoff & Martin Odening & Wei Xu, 2009. "Management of climate risks in agriculture-will weather derivatives permeate?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(9), pages 1067-1077.
- Norton, Michael T. & Osgood, Daniel E. & Turvey, Calum G., 2010. "Weather Index Insurance and the Pricing of Spatial Basis Risk," 2010 Annual Meeting, July 25-27, 2010, Denver, Colorado 61734, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Norton, Michael T., 2008.
"An Internet-Based Tool for Weather Risk Management,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 37(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Norton, Michael, 2008. "An Internet-Based Tool for Weather Risk Management," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(1), pages 63-78, April.
- Olivier Mahul, 2001. "Optimal insurance against climatic experience," Post-Print hal-01952102, HAL.
- Berg, Ernst & Schmitz, Bernhard, 2007. "Weather-based instruments in the context of whole farm risk management," 101st Seminar, July 5-6, 2007, Berlin Germany 9269, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Mulong Wang & Chuanhou Yang, 2005. "Weather Derivatives and Weather Risk Management," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 127-140, March.
- Olivier Mahul, 2001. "Optimal Insurance Against Climatic Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 593-604.
- Turvey, Calum G. & Kong, Rong & Belltawn, Burgen, 2009. "Weather Risk and the Viability of Weather Insurance In Western China," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49362, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kapphan, Ines, 2011. "Weather insurance design with optimal hedging effectiveness," MPRA Paper 35861, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018.
"A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia,"
The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Aditya Kusuma & Bethanna Jackson & Ilan Noy, 2018. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance Theory, Springer;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 43(2), pages 186-218, September.
- Aditya Kusuma & Ilan Noy & Bethanna Jackson, 2017. "A Viable and Cost-Effective Weather Index Insurance for Rice in Indonesia," CESifo Working Paper Series 6530, CESifo.
- Kusuma, Aditya & Noy, Ilan & Jackson, Bethanna, 2017. "A viable and cost-effective weather index insurance for rice in Indonesia," Working Paper Series 6393, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Alexis Berg & Philippe Quirion & Benjamin Sultan, 2009. "Weather-index drought insurance in Burkina-Faso: assessment of its potential interest to farmers," Post-Print hal-00520893, HAL.
- Jean Cordier & Martial Guinvarch, 2002.
"Assurance et finance agricoles. Une approche descriptive et comparative,"
Économie rurale, Programme National Persée, vol. 272(1), pages 108-117.
- Jean Cordier & Martial Phélippé-Guinvarc'H, 2001. "Assurance et finance agricoles : une approche descriptive et comparative," Working Papers hal-02342379, HAL.
- Jean Cordier & Martial Phélippé-Guinvarc'H, 2002. "Assurance et finance agricoles. Une approche descriptive et comparative," Post-Print hal-02151839, HAL.
- Dissemin, uploaded via & Berg, Alexis & Quirion, Philippe & Sultan, Benjamin, 2018. "Weather-index drought insurance in Burkina-Faso: assessment of its potential interest to farmers," OSF Preprints dsmqz, Center for Open Science.
- Antoine Leblois & Philippe Quirion, 2013. "Agricultural insurances based on meteorological indices: realizations, methods and research challenges," Post-Print hal-00656778, HAL.
- Osman Gulseven & Kasirga Yildirak, 2020. "Indemnity Payments in Agricultural Insurance: Risk Exposure of EU States," Papers 2003.05726, arXiv.org.
- Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2008.
"Natural vs. financial insurance in the management of public-good ecosystems,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 397-406, April.
- Martin F. Quaas & Stefan Baumgärtner, 2006. "Natural vs. financial insurance in the management of public-good ecosystems," Working Paper Series in Economics 34, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Stefan Baumgärtner & Martin F. Quaas, 2010.
"Managing increasing environmental risks through agrobiodiversity and agrienvironmental policies,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(5), pages 483-496, September.
- Stefan Baumgärtner & Martin F. Quaas, 2008. "Managing increasing environmental risks through agro-biodiversity and agri-environmental policies," Working Paper Series in Economics 80, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Narcis Eduard Mitu, 2007. "Present Framework Of Agricultural Insurance," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(9), pages 39-42, November.
- Stefan Baumgärtner & Martin F. Quaas, 2007. "Agro-biodiversity as natural insurance and the development of financial insurance markets," Working Paper Series in Economics 61, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Hau, Arthur, 2006. "Production under uncertainty with insurance or hedging," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 347-359, April.
- Marcos Gallacher & Daniel Lema & Alejandro Galetto & Laura Gastaldi, 2015. "Climate variability and agricultural production in Argentina: the role of risk-transfer mechanisms," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 583, Universidad del CEMA.
- Prokopchuk, Olina & Prokopchuk, Ihor & Mentel, Grzegorz & Bilan, Yuriy, 2020. "Parametric Insurance as Innovative Development Factor of the Agricultural Sector of Economy," AGRIS on-line Papers in Economics and Informatics, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Economics and Management, vol. 10(3), September.
- Zulauf, Carl R. & Demircan, Vecdi & Scnhitkey, Gary & Barnaby, Glenn Arthur, Jr. & Ibendahl, Gregg & Herbel, Kevin, 2013. "Examining Contemporaneous Farm and County Losses Using Farm Level Data," 2013 AAEA: Crop Insurance and the Farm Bill Symposium 157812, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand, 2010. "Probabilities for decision analysis in agriculture and rural resource economics: The need for a paradigm change," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 345-350, July.
- Leblois, A. & Le Cotty, T. & Maître d'Hôtel, E., 2020.
"How Might Climate Change Influence farmers' Demand for Index-Based Insurance?,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 176(C).
- Antoine Leblois & Tristan Le Cotty & Elodie Maître d'Hôtel, 2020. "How might climate change influence farmers' demand for index-based insurance?," Post-Print halshs-02863351, HAL.
- Banterle, Alessandro & Vandone, Daniela, 2013. "Price Volatility and Risk Management: The Case of Rice," 2013 International European Forum, February 18-22, 2013, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 164766, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Bokusheva, Raushan, 2004. "Crop insurance in transition: a qualitative and quantitative assessment of insurance products," IAMO Discussion Papers 76, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
More about this item
KeywordsRisk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-RMG-2011-05-24 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea11:103972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: AgEcon Search (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.