Spatial and Temporal On-Farm Risk Management - Crop Production Scheduling and Index Insurance Strategies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin, Steven W. & Barnett, Barry J. & Coble, Keith H., 2001. "Developing And Pricing Precipitation Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Mario Miranda & Dmitry V. Vedenov, 2001. "Innovations in Agricultural and Natural Disaster Insurance," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 650-655.
- Schnitkey, Gary D. & Sherrick, Bruce J. & Irwin, Scott H., 2002.
"Evaluation of Risk Reductions Associated with Multi-Peril Crop Insurance Products,"
Proceedings: 2002 Regional Committee NC-221, October 7-8, 2002, Denver, Colorado
132375, Regional Research Committee NC-1014: Agricultural and Rural Finance Markets in Transition.
- Schnitkey, Gary D. & Sherrick, Bruce J. & Irwin, Scott H., 2002. "Evaluation Of Risk Reductions Associated With Multi-Periol Crop Insurance Products," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19778, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Skees, Jerry*Gober, Stephanie*Varangis, Panos*Le, 2001. "Developing rainfall-based index insurance in Morocco," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2577, The World Bank.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Manfredo, Mark R. & Sanders, Dwight R., 2004. "Pricing Weather Derivatives," Working Papers 28536, Arizona State University, Morrison School of Agribusiness and Resource Management.
- Olivier Mahul, 2001. "Optimal Insurance Against Climatic Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 593-604.
- Escalante, Cesar L. & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2005. "Farmland Control Decisions under Different Intertemporal Risk Behavioral Constructs," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19113, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
KeywordsIrrigation; Planting Date; Risk Management; Weather Derivative Contract; Basis Risk; Agribusiness; Agricultural Finance; Crop Production/Industries; Farm Management; Financial Economics; Risk and Uncertainty;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2009-05-16 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-RMG-2009-05-16 (Risk Management)
- NEP-UPT-2009-05-16 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aaea09:49350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .