Developing rainfall-based index insurance in Morocco
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Skees, Jerry & Hazell, P. B. R. & Miranda, Mario, 1999. "New approaches to crop yield insurance in developing countries:," EPTD discussion papers 55, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Skees, Jerry R., 2000. "A role for capital markets in natural disasters: a piece of the food security puzzle," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 365-378, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paulson, Nicholas D. & Hart, Chad E., 2006. "A Spatial Approach to Addressing Weather Derivative Basis Risk: A Drought Insurance Example," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21249, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Juárez-Torres, Miriam & Sánchez-Aragón, Leonardo & Vedenov, Dmitry, 2017.
"Weather Derivatives and Water Management in Developing Countries: An Application for an Irrigation District in Central Mexico,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 42(2), May.
- Juarez-Torres, Miriam & Sanchez, Leonardo & Vedenov, Dmitry V., 2012. "Effectiveness of Weather Derivatives as Cross-Hedging Instrument against Climate Change: The Cases of Reservoir Water Allocation Management in Guanajuato, Mexico," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124813, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Miriam Juarez-Torres, 2013. "Effectiveness of weather derivatives as a cross-hedging instrument against climate change: Case studies of reservoir water allocation management in Guanajuato, Mexico," Working Papers 201348, Latin American and Caribbean Environmental Economics Program, revised 2013.
- Chantarat, Sommarat & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Turvey, Calum G., 2017.
"Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 119-138.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew Mude & Christopher Barrett & Calum Turvey, 2016. "Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap," PIER Discussion Papers 24., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Apr 2016.
- Barnett, Barry J. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Skees, Jerry R., 2008. "Poverty Traps and Index-Based Risk Transfer Products," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1766-1785, October.
- Bokusheva, Raushan, 2010. "Measuring the dependence structure between yield and weather variables," MPRA Paper 22786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vedenov, Dmitry V. & Barnett, Barry J., 2004. "Efficiency of Weather Derivatives as Primary Crop Insurance Instruments," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 29(3), pages 1-17, December.
- Raushan Bokusheva, 2011. "Measuring dependence in joint distributions of yield and weather variables," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 120-141, May.
- Ahmet Göncü, 2011. "Pricing temperature-based weather derivatives in China," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 32-44, December.
- Markus Stowasser, 2011. "Modelling rain risk: a multi-order Markov chain model approach," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 45-60, December.
- Nancy McCarthy, 2003. "Demand for rainfall-index based insurance: a case study from Morocco," EPTD discussion papers 106, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Bokusheva, R. & Breustedt, G. & Heidelbach, O., 2007. "Reducing asymmetric information by alternative crop insurance schemes – Testing risk reduction of individual and index-based contracts," Proceedings “Schriften der Gesellschaft für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften des Landbaues e.V.”, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA), vol. 42, March.
- Farrin, Katie & Miranda, Mario J., 2015. "A heterogeneous agent model of credit-linked index insurance and farm technology adoption," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 199-211.
- George Rapsomanikis & Alexander Sarris, 2008. "Market Integration and Uncertainty: The Impact of Domestic and International Commodity Price Variability on Rural Household Income and Welfare in Ghana and Peru," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(9), pages 1354-1381.
- Li, Jiangcheng & Zhang, Chunmin & Liu, Jifa & Li, Zhen & Yang, Xuan, 2018. "An application of Mean Escape Time and metapopulation on forestry catastrophe insurance," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 495(C), pages 312-323.
- Zant, Wouter, 2008. "Hot Stuff: Index Insurance for Indian Smallholder Pepper Growers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 1585-1606, September.
- Lin, Shanshan & Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Hoogenboom, Gerrit, 2009. "Spatial and Temporal On-Farm Risk Management - Crop Production Scheduling and Index Insurance Strategies," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49350, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Musshoff, Oliver & Odening, Martin & Xu, Wei, 2006. "Modeling and Hedging Rain Risk," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21050, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Leif Erec Heimfarth & Oliver Musshoff, 2011. "Weather index-based insurances for farmers in the North China Plain: An analysis of risk reduction potential and basis risk," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(2), pages 218-239, August.
- Carter, Michael R. & Galarza, Francisco & Boucher, Stephen, 2007. "Underwriting area-based yield insurance to crowd-in credit supply and demand," MPRA Paper 24326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCrops and Crop Management Systems; Water Conservation; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Climate Change and Environment; Labor Policies; Insurance&Risk Mitigation; Agricultural Knowledge and Information Systems; Environmental Economics&Policies;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2577. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.