Management of climate risks in agriculture-will weather derivatives permeate?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Manfredo, Mark R. & Richards, Timothy J., 2005. "Hedging Yield with Weather Derivatives: A Role for Options," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19369, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Finger & Niklaus Lehmann, 2012. "The influence of direct payments on farmers’ hail insurance decisions," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 43(3), pages 343-354, May.
- Zhiwei Shen & Martin Odening, 2013.
"Coping with systemic risk in index-based crop insurance,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(1), pages 1-13, January.
- Shen, Zhiwei & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Coping with Systemic Risk in Index-based Crop Insurance," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122555, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kapphan, Ines, 2011. "Weather insurance design with optimal hedging effectiveness," MPRA Paper 35861, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- von Davier, Zazie & Heyder, Matthias & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2010. "Food Chain Actors’ Perceptions of and Adaptations to Volatile Markets: Results of a Media Analysis," 2010 International European Forum, February 8-12, 2010, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 100472, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Bokusheva, Raushan, 2010. "Measuring the dependence structure between yield and weather variables," MPRA Paper 22786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ines Kapphan & Pierluigi Calanca & Annelie Holzkaemper, 2012. "Climate Change, Weather Insurance Design and Hedging Effectiveness," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 37(2), pages 286-317, April.
- M. Ritter & O. Mußhoff & M. Odening, 2014.
"Minimizing Geographical Basis Risk of Weather Derivatives Using A Multi-Site Rainfall Model,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 67-86, June.
- Ritter, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Minimizing geographical basis risk of weather derivatives using a multi-site rainfall model," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122527, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Raushan Bokusheva, 2011. "Measuring dependence in joint distributions of yield and weather variables," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 120-141, May.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "Biases in Farm-Level Yield Risk Analysis due to Data Aggregation," Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, Journal of International Agricultural Trade and Development, vol. 61(1).
- von Davier, Zazie & Heyder, Matthias & Theuvsen, Ludwig, 2010. "Media Analysis on Volatile Markets’ Dynamics and Adaptive Behavior for the Agri-Food System," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 1(3), pages 1-12, October.
- Finger, Robert & Lehmann, Niklaus, 2011. "Do Direct Payments Influence Farmers' Hail Insurance Decisions?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114355, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Filonov, Vitaly & Vedenov, Dmitry V., 2011. "Applications of copulas to Analysis of Efficiency of Weather Derivatives as Primary Crop Insurance Instruments," 2011 Annual Meeting, July 24-26, 2011, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 103972, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "Biases in Farm-Level Yield Risk Analysis due to Data Aggregation," German Journal of Agricultural Economics, Humboldt-Universitaet zu Berlin, Department for Agricultural Economics, vol. 61(01), pages 1-14, February.
- Finger, Robert, 2012. "How strong is the “natural hedge”? The effects of crop acreage and aggregation levels," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122538, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:43:y:2009:i:9:p:1067-1077. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.