Basis risk and weather hedging effectiveness
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lu Zong & Manuela Ender, 2016. "Spatially-Aggregated Temperature Derivatives: Agricultural Risk Management in China," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(3), pages 1-17, September.
- Chantarat, Sommarat & Mude, Andrew G. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Turvey, Calum G., 2017.
"Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 119-138.
- Sommarat Chantarat & Andrew Mude & Christopher Barrett & Calum Turvey, 2016. "Welfare Impacts of Index Insurance in the Presence of a Poverty Trap," PIER Discussion Papers 24., Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Apr 2016.
- van Kooten, G Cornelis & Guo, Changhao & Sun, Baojing, 2015. "Risking-sharing Efficiency of Hedging Strategies," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205756, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- M. Ritter & O. Mußhoff & M. Odening, 2014.
"Minimizing Geographical Basis Risk of Weather Derivatives Using A Multi-Site Rainfall Model,"
Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 44(1), pages 67-86, June.
- Ritter, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver & Odening, Martin, 2012. "Minimizing geographical basis risk of weather derivatives using a multi-site rainfall model," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122527, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sheng, Di & Lambert, Dayton M. & Hellwinckel, Chad, 2016. "A Copula-based Approach to Simulate Climate Impacts on Yield: Some Preliminary Findings," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230006, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jensen, Nathaniel D. & Barrett, Christopher B. & Mude, Andrew G., 2014. "Basis Risk and the Welfare Gains from Index Insurance: Evidence from Northern Kenya," MPRA Paper 59153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver, 2014.
"The role of weather derivatives and portfolio effects in agricultural water management,"
Agricultural Water Management,
Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 34-44.
- Buchholz, Matthias & Musshoff, Oliver, 2014. "The role of weather derivatives and portfolio effects in agricultural water management," 2014 Conference (58th), February 4-7, 2014, Port Maquarie, Australia 165812, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Xiaofeng Cao & Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Matthias Ritter, 2015.
"Modelling spatio-temporal variability of temperature,"
Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 745-766, September.
- Xiaofeng Cao & Ostap Okhrin & Martin Odening & Matthias Ritter, 2014. "Modelling spatiotemporal variability of temperature," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2014-020, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Hardaker, J. Brian & Lien, Gudbrand, 2010. "Probabilities for decision analysis in agriculture and rural resource economics: The need for a paradigm change," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 103(6), pages 345-350, July.
- repec:eee:insuma:v:75:y:2017:i:c:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ivana Štulec, 2017. "Effectiveness of Weather Derivatives as a Risk Management Tool in Food Retail: The Case of Croatia," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15, January.
More about this item
KeywordsBasis risk; Hedging effectiveness; Spatial aggregation; Weather derivatives;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:68:y:2008:i:1:p:99-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.