Private Crop Insurers and the Reinsurance Fund Allocation Decision
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Keith H. Coble & Robert Dismukes & Joseph W. Glauber, 2007. "Private Crop Insurers and the Reinsurance Fund Allocation Decision," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 89(3), pages 582-595.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jerry R. Skees & J. Roy Black & Barry J. Barnett, 1997. "Designing and Rating an Area Yield Crop Insurance Contract," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 430-438.
- Joseph W. Glauber, 2004. "Crop Insurance Reconsidered," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1179-1195.
- Haiping Luo & Jerry R. Skees & Mary A. Marchant, 1994. "Weather Information and the Potential for Intertemporal Adverse Selection in Crop Insurance," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 16(3), pages 441-451.
- Mason, Chuck & Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H, 2003. "Systemic risk in U.S. crop reinsurance programs," ISU General Staff Papers 200304010800001293, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mario J. Miranda & Joseph W. Glauber, 1997. "Systemic Risk, Reinsurance, and the Failure of Crop Insurance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 206-215.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ming Wang & Tao Ye & Peijun Shi, 2016. "Factors Affecting Farmers’ Crop Insurance Participation in China," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 64(3), pages 479-492, September.
- F. G. Santeramo & B. K. Goodwin & F. Adinolfi & F. Capitanio, 2016.
"Farmer Participation, Entry and Exit Decisions in the Italian Crop Insurance Programme,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 639-657, September.
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Adinolfi, Felice & Capitanio, Fabian & Goodwin, Barry K., 2016. "Farmer Participation, Entry and Exit decisions in the Italian Crop Insurance Program," MPRA Paper 69508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Smith, Vincent H. & Glauber, Joseph & Dismukes, Robert, 2016. "Rent Dispersion in the US Agricultural Insurance Industry:," IFPRI discussion papers 1532, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41288-017-0044-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tiwari, Sweta & Coble, Keith & Harri, Ardian & Barnett, Barry, 2017. "Hedging the Price Risk of Crop Revenue Insurance Through the Options Market," 2017 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2017, Mobile, Alabama 253081, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsRisk; insurance; reinsurance; logit; policy;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2005-06-14 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2005-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2005-06-14 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2005-06-14 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wpa:wuwpri:0506003. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA). General contact details of provider: https://econwpa.ub.uni-muenchen.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.