Basis Risk and Weather Hedging Effectiveness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin, Steven W. & Barnett, Barry J. & Coble, Keith H., 2001. "Developing And Pricing Precipitation Insurance," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 26(01), July.
- Lence, Sergio H., 1996.
"Relaxing The Assumptions Of Minimum-Variance Hedging,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 21(01), July.
- Lence, Sergio H., 1996. "Relaxing the Assumptions of Minimum-Variance Hedging," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5156, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Joseph W. Glauber, 2004. "Crop Insurance Reconsidered," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1179-1195.
- Mason, Chuck & Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H, 2003. "Systemic risk in U.S. crop reinsurance programs," ISU General Staff Papers 200304010800001293, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mario J. Miranda & Joseph W. Glauber, 1997. "Systemic Risk, Reinsurance, and the Failure of Crop Insurance Markets," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(1), pages 206-215.
- Hayes, Dermot J. & Lence, Sergio H. & Mason, Chuck, 2003. "Could the Government Manage Its Exposure to Crop Reinsurance Risk?," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11287, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Patrick L. Brockett & Mulong Wang & Chuanhou Yang, 2005. "Weather Derivatives and Weather Risk Management," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 8(1), pages 127-140, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Banerjee, Chirantan & Berg, Ernst, 2012. "Policy for implementation of Index Based Weather Insurance revisited: the case of Nicaragua," 123rd Seminar, February 23-24, 2012, Dublin, Ireland 122448, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Banerjee, Chirantan & Berg, Ernst, 2011. "Efficiency Of Wind Indexed Typhoon Insurance For Rice," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114240, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kellner, Ulla & Musshoff, Oliver, 2011. "Precipitation or water capacity indices? An analysis of the benefits of alternative underlyings for index insurance," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 104(8), pages 645-653, October.
More about this item
KeywordsWeather Derivatives; Basis Risk; Spatial Aggregation; Insurance; Hedging Effectiveness; Agricultural Finance; Marketing; Risk and Uncertainty;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaa101:9254. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.