Public Infrastructure: A Framework for Decision-making
In: Financial Flows and Infrastructure Financing
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Burger & Ian Hawkesworth, 2011. "How To Attain Value for Money: Comparing PPP and Traditional Infrastructure Public Procurement," OECD Journal on Budgeting, OECD Publishing, vol. 11(1), pages 91-146.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1990. "Government Failures in Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 9-23, Summer.
- Inderst, Georg, 2013. "Private infrastructure finance and investment in Europe," EIB Working Papers 2013/02, European Investment Bank (EIB).
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Does public capital crowd out private capital?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 171-188, September.
- Barro, Robert J, 1974. "Are Government Bonds Net Wealth?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1095-1117, Nov.-Dec..
- Clifford Winston, 2013. "On the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System: Caution Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 773-824, September.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2012.
"Risk allocation and the costs and benefits of public--private partnerships,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 43(3), pages 442-474, September.
- Iossa, Elisabetta & Martimort, David, 2011. "Risk Allocation and the Costs and Benefits of Public-Private Partnerships," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1104, CEPREMAP.
- Elisabetta Iossa & David Martimort, 2012. "Risk allocation and the costs and benefits of public--private partnerships," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" hal-00813153, HAL.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Legros, Patrick, 2005.
"Public-private partnerships: contract design and risk transfer,"
5/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Patrick Legros, 2005. "Public-private partnerships: contract design and risk transfer," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/175947, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Ian W. H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2009.
"Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 700-724, June.
- Parry, Ian W.H. & Small, Kenneth, 2007. "Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?," Discussion Papers dp-07-38, Resources For the Future.
- Ian W.H. Parry & Kenneth A. Small, 2007. "Should Urban Transit Subsidies Be Reduced?," Working Papers 060723, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 2008.
"Public-private partnerships and government spending limits,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 412-420, March.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 2006. "Public-private Partnerships and Government Spending Limits," Economics Working Papers 0075, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 2006. "Public-Private Partnerships and Government Spending Limits," IDEI Working Papers 439, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, April.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Vecchi, Veronica & Hellowell, Mark & Gatti, Stefano, 2013. "Does the private sector receive an excessive return from investments in health care infrastructure projects? Evidence from the UK," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 243-270.
- Katja Funke & Tim Irwin & Isabel Rial, 2013. "Budgeting and Reporting for Public-Private Partnerships," International Transport Forum Discussion Papers 2013/7, OECD Publishing.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2009.
"Survival of the unfittest: why the worst infrastructure gets built--and what we can do about it,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 344-367, Autumn.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Survival of the Unfittest: Why the Worst Infrastructure Gets Built, And What We Can Do about It," Papers 1303.6571, arXiv.org.
- Dieter Helm & Tom Tindall, 2009. "The evolution of infrastructure and utility ownership and its implications," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 411-434, Autumn.
- Oliver Hart, 2003.
"Incomplete Contracts and Public Ownership: Remarks, and an Application to Public-Private Partnerships,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 69-76, March.
- Oliver Hart, 2002. "Incomplete Contracts and Public Ownership: Remarks, and an Application to Public-Private Partnerships," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 02/061, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Christine Brown, 2005. "Financing Transport Infrastructure: For Whom the Road Tolls," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 38(4), pages 431-438, December.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1985. "Debt and taxes in the theory of public finance," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 233-245, November.
- Georg Inderst & Raffaele Della Croce, 2013. "Pension Fund Investment in Infrastructure: A Comparison Between Australia and Canada," OECD Working Papers on Finance, Insurance and Private Pensions 32, OECD Publishing.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1999.
"The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1193-1242.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization: Evidence from Mexico," NBER Working Papers 6215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 1997. "The Benefits of Privatization : Evidence from Mexico," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11583, The World Bank.
- Eduardo Engel & Ronald Fischer & Alexander Galetovic, 2010.
"The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-private partnerships versus public provision,"
Documentos de Trabajo
276, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Engel, Eduardo & Fischer, Ronald & Galetovic, Alexander, 2010. "The economics of infrastructure finance: Public-Private Partnerships versus public provision," EIB Papers 2/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Sophia Chong & Emily Poole, 2013. "Financing Infrastructure: A Spectrum of Country Approaches," RBA Bulletin, Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 65-76, September.
- Inderst, Georg, 2010. "Infrastructure as an asset class," EIB Papers 3/2010, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Rick Baker & Andrew Barker & Alan Johnston & Michael Kohlhaas, 2008. "The Stern Review: an assessment of its methodology," Staff Working Papers 0801, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
- Rodney Maddock, 2013. "Principles for Australian Infrastructure finance," Monash Economics Working Papers 55-13, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Sónia Araújo & Douglas Sutherland, 2010. "Public-Private Partnerships and Investment in Infrastructure," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 803, OECD Publishing.
- Serkan Arslanalp & Fabian Bornhorst & Sanjeev Gupta & Elsa Sze, 2010. "Public Capital and Growth," IMF Working Papers 10/175, International Monetary Fund.
- Shapiro, C. & Willing, D.R., 1990. "Economic Rationales For The Scope Of Privatization," Papers 41, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Discussion Paper.
More about this item
Keywordscost-benefit analysis; infrastructure; privatisation; public finance; public infrastructure; public-private partnerships; risk allocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbaacv:acv2014-08. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Paula Drew). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.